Highlighted
Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!!!!  🇺🇸☀️😷

April Fool's Day!!!  Great kick off to the day, cookie!  Be on your guard there!!!  I remember YEARS ago working in an office ....on April Fool's Day someone left a phone message to a guy....."Mr. Lyon called...please return call...number".....well, the phone number was city ZOO!  Good laugh for all.

I am just glad on this day we are not fooled with snow!!!

Some areas east of us are getting some....any your way, Tootie?  Very cold but sunny here.....25!!!  Brrrr....will warm up to 40.  But, by weekend for my Deck Grand "GRILL" Opening.....and Easter....we will be in 70's!!!  😁👏

Happy Thursday to all!!  See you later.

X ....X out April Fool's jokes!  or Xtra Jelly Beans 👍

NEXT ..... Y 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hello My Friend

This promises to be a quickie.  Holy Thursday's I make our Slovak/Polish Paska bread and pickled hard-boiled eggs.  I don't do the simple method -- I do my mom's method of cooking beets so I can have the yummy liquid for the eggs.

We awoke to snow this morning - thought about you Tootie but didn't see that you mentioned snow.  It's not the first time we had snow for Easter. 😁

@cookie5.... we have something else in common.  My DS (the youngest, too) turns 50 on April 24TH, lives in Louisiana and haven't seen him going on 4 years.  We did see our GS's (18 and 21) when they flew here to visit us and their maternal GPs.  Holidays around here are not fun like they used to be.

Anyway....on a tight schedule.  Have a great day friends!

😮 I'm back....forgot about "Y"

Y....Yams

Z

Respected Contributor

Hello ... hahahaha MissMadi, I have to laugh that you came back on to do your letter ... I hope we didn't scare you with the ABC Police ... they're actually very nice 😉😄 ... it sounds like you will have a busy day in the kitchen ... I've never attempted the bread or the pickled eggs ... Mother Nature decided to play a trick on us (or so I thought it was a joke) ... we did get snow around 1pm ... it was those snow pellets that melted as it hit the sidewalks but covered the grass ... we're having light flurries now and it is 32 degrees ... I remember when I made my First Communion we had snow and that was in May.

walker, that was a cute Mr. Lyon April Fool joke ... as I am typing this I can see a big fat robin pecking in the snowy lawn looking for worms ...

Hope everyone has a good afternoon ...

Z ~ Zapping the snow away with WandaWand .. or Ziploc Bags

A ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi friends....Nothing special to report....no grill out yet but it was pretty cold today.....maybe tomorrow...🤞....but..for sure by Saturday or DH starves...🤣!!!  

MissMadi good to see you.  Your special Polish dishes sound terrific.  I love traditions for cooking certain things especially during holidays.  I haven't seen my DS in FL in over a year....can imagine how you feel after 4!  Hope you have a reunion soon....guess mom has to make it happen, eh?  🥴

April Fool's Snow Joke for Tootie and MissMadi...oh dear! Talked to a friend in MI who had same today.  Good Z, Tootie.

Well, night all...rest well....see you in the morning.

A ..... Albacore Tunafish

NEXT ....B 

Valued Contributor

Good Morning ~ It took forever for the computor to turn on - black screen with some sort of movement. Checked all connections and Voila!!!  Just needed a dose of an angry SCC lady😁

Too bad about the weather ruining your big grill day walker, but a great response to DH 😂 SIL surprised us with grilled hamburger patties to fix any way we wanted. Hope he continues his grilling through the weekend!!

MissMadi -your Slavik/Polish Paska bread sounds good - nice to continue traditions.  My youngest DS and his wife will probably carry on her family Romanian traditions.  Her mother is a great cook!

Hope you have a snowless day Tootie.  We will be 71 - same as yesterday which was a pretty day.  

Hi kittyfan 😊

Passing the coffee ~

B - Bread for Tuna sandwiches

C is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, you had to put on your "technology hat" today ... happy to hear it worked!! ... glad you were able to have a  "make it your own grilled burger" ... I'm sure your MasterGriller SIL will continue on with his grilling (weather permitting) ...

We'll get our last Fish Fry today ... boy, this Easter Season went fast ...

No other news from me this morning ... we'll have a sunny 37 degree day ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

C ~ Cucumber ... cut up in tuna sandwiches is delicious!

D ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸😷🐇

cookie, you won the battle with the stubborn computer!

Stomp your feet, clap your hands, throw in a few expletives and wahla .....it works!!  Don't mess with the SCC! 😂 (Especially early morning when we have important news to share here!)

We WILL be grilling tomorrow night!!! 🤞🤞🤞 That is the plan right now anyway!  Stay tuned.....

I am hungry for a tuna fish sandwich!  Tootie, I have never tried cucumber in it...interesting. Enjoy your Final Fish Fry.  I'll be picking up fish this morning for dinner.

Happy Good Friday!  My memories growing up were of going to church for an hour.  Then we came home...no TV, no radio, no play with friends during 1-3pm ....quietly my brother and I colored eggs.  I usually attend a church service of Stations of Cross but not this year.  I'll quietly remember at home.  Not planning on Easter Mass in church either.  I think reservations have filled anyway.  

Bye for now.....hope you have a nice day.

D ..... Dill 

NEXT .... E 

Respected Contributor

Good morning. Have. Have been around. Worked at TS on Wed...

Good morning. Have. Have been around. Worked at TS on Wednesday. My desire to cut back is not being acknowledged. When I show up I show up.

Plan to visit Cafe today. Got some plates to deliver. Checked to be sure before bringing them. Set them aside the front door. Intending go drive over gk pick up. They were gone. Drove back around to check. They had thought they were a donation and brought them back inside.

Cucumbers do not appreciate me. I need to avoid even the smallest amounts

D: double fudge cookies

E: next
Respected Contributor
bump

E: eggs to color.
Respected Contributor

Hello ... kittyfan, the TS knows a good worker when they have one ... but you have to do only what you want and/or are able to do ... I hope you were able to retrieve the plates and bring them to the Cafe ... I'm sure they appreciate you doing that for them.

walker, I have the same memories about going to church for Holy Week ... we're not going to Easter Mass either, we'll watch from our regular seats at Couch Church 😄 ... I really don't know when I'll be ready to go back ...

Hope everyone is having a good day ...

F ~ Fudge Brownies

G ~ NEXT

I hope everyone is having a good day ...