Honored Contributor

Hi there......Tootie, would you believe I/we did not do one thing for Christmas decorations here today! 😖 Try again tomorrow!  Good for you to have tree up and done...sit back and enjoy now!  The reason we got sidetracked was due to helping out our Homeowner Assoc...DH on board.  Well, the idea came up to decorate front of subdivision entrance with wreaths.  So, off we went early to get wreaths ....wow...place was half sold out...found nice wreaths but did not have bows on them...then lucked out and got last bows in store..ha!  Most of morning was on that job ...but looks really nice!  After lunch DH wanted to do one more lawn mowing...🙄....so I ran couple of errands which I usually do not do on Saturdays.  Oh well, done.  GD's birthday is next week and I wanted special gift for her.

So, away went my day.....am sure we can get to outside tomorrow...🤞.  

cookie, hope DD is better and everyone else is OK!!!  Will look forward to your update in morning.

Night all.....guess I'll turn out the light here. 😴

A .... Apricot Jam

NEXT ..... B 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Tootie, you are so organized - getting your tree and decorations up. I remeber the tote of which you speak!  You cleaned and cleared last year and got a "gift" this year!  

What a nice thing to do for the HOA walker.  I'll bet it is really nice.  Laughing at your DH getting one more mowing in 😂😂

DD woke up yesterday morning and ate some breakfast.  Said she felt a lot better - still light headed but better.  She thinks it was due to overindulging - she had her stomach stapled, or whatever they call it now, 12 years ago and can only eat so much.  Hard to do on Thanksgiving!  Anyway, she was well enough to help me give Ozzie his liquid injection. It is soooo much easier with two doing it. 

kittyfan - thinking of you and missing you.  

Passing the coffee ~

B - Bread for toast and the Apricot Jam - YUM

C is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... glad to hear that your DD is feeling better cookie ... that darn Thanksgiving dinner!! we all enjoy it and we all seem to have eaten a little too much ... how is Ozzie doing now that he is getting his treatments?

walker, I laughed at your DH getting one more cut in (but it didn't really surprise me! haha!!) my DH used his last week ... we had leaves to rake but he said he wanted to "run the gas out of the lawnmower" so he mulched them! ... I bet the wreaths look really nice at the entrance to your subdivision ... how was the Saturday crowd for shopping? ... hope you can get your outside decorations up today.

We'll have another pleasant sunny 50 degree day ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

C ~ Coffee Cake

D ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸😷

Happy Sunday!  And, it is at your house, cookie, with your DD feeling better.  What a relief!  TMF illness (Too Much Food!). Food so good at Thanksgiving....it is hard not to over-indulge!  Guilty here too!

I assume your DS has left, cookie?  Nice of him to come visit though.  Did his dog get along with DD's?  

Tootie, laughing here too about your DH "running gas out of mower".....that is what DH said yesterday...."I have to run the gas out so will mow one more time."...HA!!!

Shopping yesterday wasn't too bad because I decided to do "local" and went to a nice jewelry store in town. I was surprised there were a few people there.  GD will be 10 so I wanted a special gift....thought small earrings (pierced, of course) but the ones appropriate were plain.  I ended up with a pretty....very small initial necklace.  The necklace I really liked was a heart with small diamond.  I asked price and it was over $200.....no, thanks, put it back....as she gets older maybe.  

Hope you enjoy a nice day inside and out.  It will be here which means....bring out the decorations, dear!! 😅 See you later.

D .... Dark Red Kidney Beans

NEXT .... E 

🙄😡⁉️ WHAT IS UP WITH ABOVE?  I do find if I take too long to post, it happens...hmmm....I need to be shorter and quicker! Ha! Stop babbling!  DH needs to stop interrupting me too...I'll blame him..🤣.

Valued Contributor

Hello again ~  walker your GD's gift sounds really pretty and so appropriate.  My aunt gave me a small initial necklace when I was young and I loved it.  Still have it in storage somewhere.  

when you go to type your post, do it in the default and then seect your colors, etc.  That my be why you get two different fonts and colors.

DS did spend some time with us and his nephews and niece.  They all love being around him.  They left Saturday afterrnoon around 4 and entered NM at 7pm.  They both like to drive and eat their way all over the US!  Their dog Bear stayed in the car because of our roudy bunch.  Seven would have gotten along just fine, but another time.  

DD thinks along with some overeating, she had the 24 hour bug.  Maybe she caught it from someone's DD? 😂 Long Distance germs.

We are cold today - high of 58 and low is 42. Happy mowing to your DH's ladies.  the race is on!

Time for more coffee ~

E - English muffins broiled with butter and topped with fresh strawberries

F is next

Honored Contributor

Hi there......cookie, had to laugh about the "long distance germs"...ha....could be....there are germs/viruses in cyberspace....😂.  Glad your DD is feeling better...now...don't you get sick too!!  Sounds like everyone enjoyed your DS visit.  Love name of his dog...Bear!  Thank you for tip here....will try default....and speed up my posting...ha!

Well, the outdoors is decorated.....except two swags I bought from my favorite Boy Scouts (3A's)....not sure where to hang them....will work on that after my UB.  All the other Christmas decorations are out of storage sitting in basement.  I will gradually go through things this week and put them out.  Maybe do tree tomorrow or later today....no hurry.  DH kept bringing out my boxes saying...this? YES, Dear...rolling his eyes....this?  YES...keep going.....HA!  And, I have gotten rid of a lot.  I think I need to thin it out a bit again after this holiday.

Bye for now......UB time!

F .... Fingerling Potatoes

NEXT ..... G 

Respected Contributor

Hello ... walker, the initial necklace sounds like a perfect gift for your GD ... I bet she loves it!! ... laughing at your DH bringing out the boxes ... (probably thinking "this has to be the last one!") hahaha!! ... did you find a spot for your swags??

cookie, it sounds like everyone had a good time with your DS ... you ladies are one step ahead of me ... default??

I started this post hours of ago and got called away by DH ... I just remembered it now ... hahaha!!

See you in the morning ...

G ~ Goulash

H ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ walker, did you ever find a place for the swags? I feel for your DH, lugging out all the boxes.  I am glad I don't have to decorate anymore.  DD hasn't started yet and she has enough decorations to fill up 3 houses.  

Tootie, I can sure relate to your starting a post and theen going off to get something.  You are not alone.  Old age is catching up.  Heck, it's here for me already!!!

It is cold here!  Our high today will be 54.  Not used to this after all the sun and heat.  Manicure this morning - postponed from Friday because of the rain that was predicted and never showed up. Crazy weather.

DS made good time.  They made it back with full stomachs and droopy eyelids. Ozzie is doing well so far. 

Passing the coffee ~

H - Hazelnuts

I is nex 

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, glad to hear that your DS made it home safely ... enjoy your manicure today ... what color this time?

No new news here ... we're having a rainy 47 degree day ... (cookie, I laughed when you said it was cold where you are ... I know you are not used to cold weather, just like we're not used to the heat) we're expecting a snow storm tomorrow night into Wednesday!!

I hope everyone has a good day ... pouring and passing.

I ~ Ice Cream

J ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸😷

cookie.....it happened to you....did you see your post?  Or is it how it shows for me...first paragraph small font. Glad Ozzie is better.

Good thing we finished our outdoor decorating yesterday....brrrrr....winter winds blowing in today....with a high of 37 (does that make TX seem warm?..ha)....maybe snow flurries! 😱 Sorry, Tootie, sending your way.  But, we want a White Christmas, right???  💨❄️☃️🎅 HO HO HO!

The swags are up.....hanging from lights on each side of front door.  I thought it might be too much with wreath on my door but looks good.  I just added a couple of small red bows.  Now onto the inside.....that may take all week.

I haven't given GD necklace yet....Wednesday is her birthday....10 years old...our baby....😫...such a cutie...hope she always stays that way.  

All for now....hope this goes through as is....

Happy Monday!  

J .... Jelly or Jam...both good on toast!

NEXT .... K 

👏👏👏 Success!