Honored Contributor

Hello my friends!

I am Home......ahhhhh Home Sweet Home!!!!   Exhausted too!  Wonderful busy week and road travel takes it out of me!  We don't usually travel in summer when it is more crowded on roads and everywhere!  Yesterday, traveling through Tennessee we passed through the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Dollywood/Opryland area...holy cow CROWDED!!!!   Again, fun, fun trip so all worth it but I really need to convince DH to start flying QA!  HA!  Had to laugh, GD asked DH how long it would take him to drive home......he told her and she said "I can fly it in two hours".....LOL!   

Glad you are doing fine here and things are good on your home fronts too.   Now for update from our busy 🐝 friend!

Will try to get back to being in normal routine tomorrow.

Bye for now.

R ...... Rotini

NEXT ...... S

Respected Contributor
Good evening. Thought I would buzz in.

Walker sounds,like you had a super duper time.

Worked at thrift store two full days. Friday had lunch with a friend. Introduced her to a lovely spot. Saturday volenterred at library. It was the finale of the summer reading program. Walked in and saw a massive blow up slide I manned the scavenger hunt table. Great people watching spot. Saw some real characters. Saw a gal who looked about 14. Daisy Duke shorts fancy hide and gold heels she couldn't walk in. Adults with her weren't that old but looked like straight out of the 60s. Saw another lady I was guessing was a meth addict--yes I worked at Probation for more than 10 yrs. We could spot them. Helped with clean up. I am sure it came down quicker than set up. I watched the fella fold up the blow up. It was massive. Looked really heavy. We was alone but wrangled it onto a dolly and out to the truck.

Picked up a few books from the book nook. I have book club books but found one I am enjoying. Will pass it along.

Today after church three of us went to the Cafe. Had a lovely lunch. Our server had been to our event. Just like Cheers everybody knows my name!! They put names on the orders.

Then home tomorrow thrift store and a meeting at church.

H: heat and humidity or house dressing

I: next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

walker - I can believe you are exhausted!!!  Take a gazillion UB's!

Q welcome back.jpg

Glad to see you kittyfan.  You always have such interesting things going on.  The H&H is back.  Today will be 97/79 with humidity. I am sure.  Your Cafe sure sounds like a great place with good food. 

No plans for today other than dog sitting.  The flooring arrived and the floor people may be here today.  I got the laundry done yesterday, so today is minor clean up.  DD's day off so maybe she can dog sit - haha.

Passing the coffee ~

I - In-N-Out   Uh Oh, now I want one NOW!

J is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... yes! welcome back walker!! you had one heck of a family vacation ... so much fun and a trip that everyone will remember!! ... now, it's back to reality BUT you may need a couple days to get back into the swing of things!!

cookie, lucky you, you got your laundry done yesterday ... it looks like today will be a light load of cleaning and then the rest of the time UBing it!! Woman Very Happy ... enjoy!!

kittyfan, good to see you! ... it sounds like you had the perfect spot to people watch (always fun!!) I bet you saw a bit more than you wanted on the girl with the daisy dukes!! haha!! ... the Cafe sounds like a homey kind of place to visit for good company and conversation ...

Another hot and humid day again ... high of 84 ... right now it is a pleasant 72 with a breeze (can't it just stay like this year round??!! ... please??)

Catch up Monday ... Have a good day ... we don't have an In-N-Out ... what am i missing?? ... pouring and passing.

J ~ Jello Pudding

K ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 

Back to a normal schedule here......coffee, paper, more coffee, chat with friends.....👍😃!  Did not sleep well last night......probably over-tired.....as always, woke up during night wondering where I was too.  

kittyfan, loved your reference to Cheers at Cafe..."where everyone knows my name"....what a fun place.   Good to hear from you.

cookie, good one for I ....yum!  And, Tootie, the last time I was in California, I had an In-N-Out burger....really good, juicy .... I don't know if that chain has moved east from CA or not.....do you, cookie?  Guess we can google it.

Speaking of burgers, I am hooked on Chef Tony's recipe for Juicy Cheeseburgers.....has ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce in it....can't remember it all.

Well, better get breakfast.....laundry to do and run to store.

I will definitely get a UB today!  Friends from MI coming into Chicago for a few days so we are meeting them for dinner.

See you later.  Happy Monday!

K ...... Kettle Corn

NEXT ..... L 

Respected Contributor
In n' Out is indeed in the area. My beloved Fred was with me and we went through drive thru. I asked for a plain buthrt for him the fella looked in and said they do a special dog burger. Fred loved burgers so he was very happy. Still miss my bestest riding buddy.

L: lemonade

M: next

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ kittyfan, funny story about Fred - he is not alone either!  I am so glad In-N-Out came to TX!  I have read that they do not have plans to go further East any time soon if at all.  Who knows, things change.  I think every state has a favorite burger place and this is California's.

Hot today, they expect more100's.  Oh joy!  Stubbed my toes yesterday and woke up with a sore foot  Hard to walk around on it.  Clumsy Clara here.

Passing the coffee ~

M - Mimosas what else?!!!

N is next

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... OUCH cookie!! hope you're foot feels better ... you probably should UB for the day!!

kittyfan, what a cute story about Fred ... I bet he loved to go to In-N-Out for his treat ... what fun memories!!

walker, are you back in the groove yet??

I have to be in the mood for a burger so I guess it's OK that In-N-Out is not here ... Woman Very Happy  and I like my burgers (and most of every meat) well done. DH says I like shoe leather .. haha!!

I found out that we will be the grandparents of a Baby BOY!! We are so excited and our waiting game continues ... all is well with mommy and baby!!

Rain today with a high of 77 ... Have a good day ... see you later! .. pouring and passing

N ~ Noodles

O ~ NEXT

ETA ~ Not sure if I told you before but my niece is having a girl.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

CONGRATULATIONS, Tootie.....well....everyone in family especially expecting parents!  💙💙💙 Happy days ahead!

Glad mommy and baby are doing well. I am excited for you, Tootie!  

cookie, laughing at "Clumsy Clara".....just the name...not hurting toes......definitely a UB day for you....put that foot up!!

Fred, Fred and burgers......cute, kittyfan!  

Have to go for now.....we have a heating/cooling guy coming over to give us a quote on replacing our system....original....25 years still going.....pretty good but should be replaced.....😟$$$$$$.

See you later........Happy Tuesday......oh....happy I am because we are cool today....70's...sorry cookie and kittyfan.

O ..... Open Windows Day or Oregano

NEXT ...... P

Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS TOOTIE!!  One of each - yay!  How exciting, bet you can't wait.

Good luck with the HVAC guy walker.  Hard to imagine your unit has been around for 25 years!!!  Big buck$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is right!  Hope the new one lasts as long as the one it will replace.  

Enjoy your cool weather and rub it in!!!!!!!!!  

P - Pity Party here    or Pancakes

Q is next