Respected Contributor
I quit watching the Q a few years ago. Jill was a favorite of mine speaking of I also enjoyed Lisa Ladon. She lost her beloved Gino recently. He had a cancer battle. Know she is grieving.

Went to book club today. Invited a friend to join us. She loved the book loved the ladies. We are a good size. Eight members. They welcomed me and another lady into the group. Thrn the other lady dropped out without telling me her reason. I later learned she joined a bible study that met same time. Dont know why she didnt tell me so I could tell the ladies. They were afraid they offended her. Well we changed days and she is back. My latest add seemed to really enjoy the discussion and the ladies. One of the ladies teaches swimming and her grandson, who I have met, is one of her students. He has a form of CP where he walks on his toes. She said she wondered about that when he was out of the pool but now she knows why. Said he is great swimming.

Two more book clubs this week. Then a week off then jury duty week or thrift store week

Had wanted to try another bookclub have book ordered. Plan to attend in July. They are all so different. Never thought of joing a book club until Sharon moved to town. Wanted to join Bunco which I found-- didnt enjoy and a book club. This one was first. Ladies Reading Circle--historic book club was second. Then a new group started up. Joined early on-- not at beginning but close

Selection for book club next month is a book I read and loved. Need to read it again so I can capture some salient points for discussion.

This week is vacation bible school at church. I dont help but my book club friend does. She filled me in on everything---oh my. I told her the reason I didnt help was some of the things she said happened. Some things don't change.

Bought some new sheets. Bella said she really enjoys them. Camped out on my pillow again tonight.

F: figs. Not a fan of gigs or fig newtons. Although neighbor growing up had a big tree. We were welcome to harvest. My mom loved them.

G: next
Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~  Wow!  kittyfan, you are very busy with all the book clubs and everything else.  Glad that Bella approves of your new sheets. 

Tootie, I'm good with skipping a BAT to allow the PD to miss walker - hah! 

Q queen emjoi.jpg

Rain is getting old, but then I am already tired of the hot sun - I Can't Get No Satisfaction 🎵  🎵  (great song, by my fav!)  

Cement is poured and hope it is dry this morning so I can get out easily.  Dogs had a field day barking most of the day while the crew worked.  I was ready to strangle them!  Too many obstacles to go out yesterday, so today's the day!  I am still trying to find a good time for the gym but not much luck.  

Passing the coffee ~

G - grape juice

H is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... ugh!!, my computer is working in slow motion this morning ...taking forever to get from one screen to the next ...

kittyfan, good to see you ... busy busy you are!! ... how do you keep track of all your book clubs ... I don't know if I would be able to keep everything straight ... oh, new sheets for Bella!!?? glad she likes them ... haha!!

cookie, doesn't it seem that we are never happy with the weather (at least it seems I am) it sounds like your projects are moving along ... check and make sure that cement is dry before you venture out on it Woman Wink ... can you just imagine being stuck in it until someone came along with a jackhammer to get you out ... Woman LOL

walker, I did watch Jill's Farewell Show last night ... she looked beautiful ... I always liked watching her ... I wish they would have done a little bit more as far as "memories" go ... I'm like you, I have QVC on mostly for background noise, although I do enjoy watching David in the Kitchen ...

We do have  a fun friendship here ... I signed on in June of 2013 and have enjoyed every single minute with you all!!

A rainy (and my head can feel it) and cool day here ... high of 63!! ... Have a good day ...

Pouring and passing ..

H ~ Ham

I ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! ☁️⛅️

We had a lot of rain move through late last night.  Today cloudy and chilly.

cookie, cute emoji.....hope cement is dry ....or you could leave a permanent print!  Hey, your own Walk of Fame like Hollywood!  Big TX Star for you!  Laughed at Tootie's comment about being stuck....waiting for a jackhammer!😂

I actually stayed awake for Jill's show last night .....love being in central time so it wasn't too late!  She did look lovely...liked her dress.   I was thinking the  same thing....maybe more memories?  I thought that is why David was there....and they are good friends. David is probably my favorite .....if he leaves the Q, I'm done.  He is so kind, caring and funny!  When we were in Philadelphia a few years ago, we briefly stopped at the Q and I got an "In the Kitchen with David" coffee mug.

kittyfan, when do you get all these books read?  I can only handle one at a time.

Happy Thursday!  See you later.

I .... Italian Seasoning

NEXT ..... J 

Valued Contributor

This sums it up nicely ~

Q wish for better friends.jpg

J -  Juice for many, many, many Mimosas

K is next

Honored Contributor

LOL, cookie!  Good one!  Nothing "normal" about us!  We are all about FUN!  Thanks for posting.

K....Kellogg's Cereals....

They're GRRRRREAT! 

NEXT ..... L 

Respected Contributor

Love the picture cookie ... that describes us perfectly!!

It rained and rained all day long ... and now the sun is out and the skies are blue ... but the weatherman says that it will only last for a couple hours before the rains move back in ...

The Briefs are now gone ... they left this morning! I talked with them "briefly" (haha!) before they left ... we are really going to miss them as they were nice neighbors. Now we wait to see who the new neighbors will be ...

Oh, I forgot to mention that skipping BAT this weekend is fine with me ... rain, picnics, Mimosas and SCC don't mix!! .. I'm sure we'd have another rendition of "I'm Singing in the Rain" (haha .. no names mentioned) and another visit from the Police ...

Have a good night ...

L ~ Leftovers

M ~ NEXT ... hmmm??

Honored Contributor

Still laughing at your cute pic, cookie!  Fits us to a tee, eh?

Tootie, I have always felt it is easier to be the one moving away than one left behind....it is lonely after you are used to neighbors.  I think "we" (SCC) will miss them too....FUN friends ....."briefly"...ha!  Keep us posted on new neighbors....hope they don't mind extra excitement and commotion in the neighborhood on Saturdays!  Hmmmm.....oh dear...maybe WE are the ones that made The Briefs move!!!!!? 😳😮

See you in the morning......

M .....Morning Coffee or Morning Mimosas? Both Good!

NEXT .... N 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  New neighbors for Tootie!  Hope you get some nice ones, they seem to be getting harder and harder to find.  We are very lucky here.

It was very quiet around here yesterday.  The cement is done (I hope).  I am not sure what's next, but it will be chaos around here for sure.  Some people seem to thrive on chaos!  My ex sure did and his daughter seems to have inherited that trait.  Opposite here.

More hot weather this week - flying right into Summer.  It has been said before and I'll say it again.  Texas has 2 seasons - February and Summer!!!

Hey Buzzie Bee - enjoyed your last post!

Passing the coffee ~

N - Nachos   

O is next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... we seem to be stuck in a wet Spring with Fall temperatures ... heavy winds today with a high of 63!!

cookie, glad to hear that the cement may be done ... at least you don't have to hike across the grass ... it's always nice when you remodel (the end result is great) but during it, the chaos can drive you crazy!! ... just sit back and enjoy the ride!!

walker, I'm laughing about your comment that maybe the SCC chased The Briefs away ... I never thought of that ... but that could work to my benefit if the new neighbors just don't work out ... Woman Wink Woman Surprised

It's Flag Day ... have a good day ... pouring and passing.

O ~ Okra ... never had it.

P ~ NEXT