Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Ahhh what a fun time we had ... thanks for the hospitality cookie!! I hope we didn't give ourselves a bad name!!

I don't think we have the Mimosa Dye perfected ... just yet!! Most of it ended up in our glasses or we slurped it up through the IV tubing ... cookie, we didn't want you to fall over from all your "sips" so we ended up  (don't ask me how ... maybe Wanda Wand??) making your walker into a "rolling chair" ... we had you going around and around until walker and I could no longer stand ... all three of us just sat in the field laughing and laughing ... I think we even scared off the horses and Mudpie ... I hope we didn't overstay our visit ...

Walker, that Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake sounds really good ... can't wait to here how it turns out .... that is my DS's favorite cake too .... hope you had fun at your parade ...

cookie, how nice that you got a certificate from the salon ... love the Wanda Wand ... only at SCC

Hope everyone has a good rest of your day ...

L ~ Laughing still ... or Lettuce

M ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Hello crazy ones ~  Ahhhh, yes Wanda the Wand - - - made some great magic!  Enjoyed trying to create Mimosa dye.  Hic...... still feeling the after affects and laughing at it all.

PT came today for an evaluation. I opened the door and went out to unlock the gate and he asked if I were the patient.  He said PT was only for home bound patients and I did not fit the bill.  I told him I was a homebody at heart.  

He asked questions and we went through some movements - walking, lifting legs, pressure tests. He said there is no reason to have PT as I am doing very well by myself.  DD got involved and he nicely said maybe you could have one come 2X a week for 3 weeks to show you some excercises to further strengthen things and evaluate my activities.  I think he was pacifying DD - sad he had to be put into the middle.  He said if your daughter has any problems, she can call me.  Yay Andy (PT guy).  He was very nice but I really don't want a PT - just give me the written instructions and I'll do it.  Sorry for the rant - 

Can't wait for your Boston Cream Pie Cake recipe walker.  Sounds delicious. My Dd loves BCP.  Great BAT CHAT!  Thanks ladies!

M - Mimosa dye

N is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Hi all.....I am SOOOO TIRED.....barely able to eat a piece of the cake.....what a day.......first our BAT....fun, fun with a few too many mimosas.....made it home for parade....good time.....home fir quick lunch and UB...then get ready for dinner....good time had by all but I am so tired I can't think!!

BAt and PT in same day, cookie?  I'm with you....write it down and I will follow it (maybe).

Tootie, hope you had fun at game night.

I am fading rapidly.......

See you all tomorrow........😴💤💤💤💤💤

N .... Neapolitan Ice Cream

NEXT .... O

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends .... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to your DH walker ... and to all the other Father's out there ...

cookie, I agree with walker ... write the exercises down and I'll do them at my own pace ... I've never had to have PT, but really don't think I would want to do it under the scrutiny of someone ... or in a room full of other people (if you had to go somewhere)  ... glad that you are doing so well ...

walker, it sounds like you had a great time yesterday ... party in the morning, afternoon and night ... you are going to be pooped out today ...

We had a good game night ... our one game that we played requires drawing on a dry erase board ... ugh! our dry erase pens seemed to have dryed out so we could (barely) play one round ... no worries!! on to Outburst!! ... and our cake surprise was a big hit for the Dads!! I'm so jealous of my DS, he makes all of his cakes from scratch and they turn out great!! 

Well, we may not have succeeded in "perfecting a Mimosa Dye" but we sure had fun trying ...

Hope everyone has a good Sunday, celebrating however you may ... getting ready for early Mass ... see you later ... coffee's on ... goes great with paper ...

O ~ Onion Soup Mix

P ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~ walker, Tootie,  I am laughing about "follow it maybe".  Are we all related?  I did this when I had my knees replaced.  I would much rather read instructions than be shown how.

Glad you made it home in time for the parade.  Thankfully, I was home and a necessary UB was enjoyed.  Tootie, sounds like game day was a hit!!

Father's Day breakfast with SIL's family.  We are meeting at a restaurant - on Father's Day - the crowds????  This is not stuff introverts enjoy -  I will try and recharge later.

Passing the coffee ~

P - pinapple upside down cake

Q is next

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends! 😎

Q .... Queen wishes all dads out there a very Happy Father's Day.....feel special today because you are!!!!

Tootie, glad you had a fun game night...minus dry pens...but sounded like fun with delicious cake too!

Wow, a cake from scratch!!!!  I don't think I have ever done that!  QM used to and nothing like it for sure.  Good for your DS!  Hope your DH has a nice day too!  

cookie, hope you enjoy a nice breakfast out...crowded or not....enjoy each day, eh?  Recharge and "think" about PT!

Being Sunday....Day of Rest....do you get a pass on PT?

It is going to be a sizzler here today.  Other than going to church, it will be an inside day!!!  Glad we had our family get-together last night.  We could actually sit outside.  

Oh.....the Boston Cream PIe Cake.....it was good but not all ate it.  After dinner we took a break and DS played whiffle ball with boys.  After that, they were all tired and warm.  Kids just wanted ice cream....ha!  I made the mistake of setting cake out ...thinking it was too cold....well, the chocolate was a little runny.....but good!  I will try another piece today....from refrigerator and let you know again....best way to serve.

Bye for now.......have a nice day out there....rest and be cool!  

R .... Refrigerator

NEXT ..... S

Honored Contributor

Hi friends......how is your day going?  HOT here....lazy day inside.....GS had a baseball game scheduled at 3:00 but it was moved until 7:00.....not sure it will be much cooler then....taking a pass on this game.  Good luck and tell me all about it.....ha!

Happy Sunday.....hope it is a nice one....good UB day!

S ..... Sugar

NEXT .... T

Respected Contributor

Hello ... it is hot and humid here too!! We went to the cemetary (two different ones) this afternoon ... came home and that is where I have been ever since!! ... way too hot!!

walker, I don't blame you for taking a pass on the game ... you will be there in spirit (in the comfort of your air conditioned home!!) haha!! Hope his team wins ...

Have a good night everyone ...

T ~ Tuna Fish

U ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Nice to hear of the nice but warm Father's Day outings.  Ours got changed to lunch and was really very nice.  Great food and company.  SIL shared his dad, who is a hoot, with us.  Love his mom, she is such a nice lady.  His whole family is.  

Sounds as if you and Tootie got the Texas weather, walker!!! Ours was actually no too bad.  Today will only be 90 and probably rain.  I'm with you Tootie, AC at home = comfort!!  

Catching up today and of course UB's.  Passing the coffee ~

U - UB's  (timed that one right)

V is next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... glad to hear that we all had a good Father's Day weekend ... cookie, it sounds like your SIL's family are gems!! ...

We will have another hot and humid day ... we are at 80 degrees already and our high will be 85!! ... strong winds and heavy thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon ... another "stay inside with the AC" day ...

Catch up Monday for me too!! ... Have a good day everyone and try to stay cool .... pouring and passing.

V ~ Vermicelli

W ~ NEXT