Respected Contributor

It ended up being windy and cool today ... it is supposed to get a little warmer each day now and the weekend is looking good!! temps in the 70's Woman Happy

kittyfan, you are so right ... it is fun to get away but so nice to get home ...

I was able to get my Catch Up Monday done today ... and was able to squeeze in a couple UB's ....

Have a good night ... See you in the morning.

C ~ Cookies ... for cookie!

D ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi friends!

Long day of travel with a lot of mountain driving into Colorado....up, down, winding all around..many ski areas ..pretty but almost made me car sick.  We stopped for lunch in Vail.....whoooohoooo....a place for the rich and famous.  Now in Colorado Springs.  Tomorrow we are riding the "Cog Railway" to top of Pikes Peak.  It is suppose to be a spectacular trip but I am really nervous about it.  So, I hope I am here tomorrow night to share my adventure....and say I loved it.  They warn you about high elevations affecting you...."take water and buy a can of oxygen"......yikes!  I'll really need grandma's medicine tomorrow night!   Then we start heading home tomorrow afternoon....heading to Kansas....maybe I can look for Dorothy and Toto....haha.

Cookie, had to laugh about liking batter....baking chocolate-chip cookies and only had half batter left.  My kids would always come running for a "scooper" we called it.  They still love the batter....me too!

Bye for now.....better get some sleep .....😴

D .... Domino Sugar

NEXT .... E

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ walker, sounds like you are having quite the adventure. I don't think I would/could do the Pikes Peak thing!  My sister lived in Aspen and I never got to visit her before she died.  Such a pretty state.  Regards to Toto and Dorothy - but especially to my favorite character, the Wicked Witch of the West!  lol.

Good thng there was plenty of banana bread batter - oh YUM!  Bread turned out to be delicious and gone!

Lab and Eye doc this morning then home to dusting the floors - dog hair UGH!  But love tthe dogs.  We will be 83 today and it is 42 right now!  I love it.  

Thanks for the "C" Tootie!  

Passing the coffee ~

E = Extra batter/scoops (cute)

F is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... walker, I checked out the Cog (not sure I could ride it!) ... I think you better replace your water with Grandma's Meds ... haha ... your ride should give you a beautiful view and once you reach the top, your DH will get fantastic pictures ... you can do it!! .... just be like The Little Engine That Could .... "I think I can, I think I can" .... Enjoy!! and can't wait to hear your report on it!!

cookie, glad everyone enjoyed the bread!! ... I always say, it takes a while and then clean up to make something and then it's gone!! ... but it feels good that they like it!! ... Good luck with your visits today ...

We're in for a nice warm spell this week ... the temp now is 53 and we will go up to 68!! ... Taking DM to her doctor appointment today ... (not complaining...) but I hate going to doctor offices this time of year ... sickness everywhere!! ... I always choose a spot waaaaay off in a corner ...

Have a good day .... pouring and passing ...

F ~ Fruitcake .... almost that time of year!!

G ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Good morning. Oh Queens adventures.
L like
I did the cog railroad at Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It was quite a trip. It was this time of year and the heater was going. You start out climbing and then you look out the window and see the trees leaning--no actually you are leaning. You feel like you will just tip over! Got to the top and had to get oriented again. And it was snowing at the top! Foliage trip--since we don't have seasons here!

Looking forward to game day with my Austin friends. Will miss my church crew but I missed last month due to thrift store. This month we will be joined by one of the ladies 92 year old dad. He is a widower and spends time rotating between daughters. He played with us before and he is delightful. Serious about his game. We just play for fun. One of the gals is visually impaired somewhat. So we tell her options. Last time I played a new lady joined us. She started out reluctant saying she would watch. Boy it long she was loving it and doing well! Friday will join a dear old friend for lunch. Missed few months as he was ill. We all worked together--but do value friendship. I laugh when I remember him telling me I needed a cell phone. Those were the days they are very expensive--still are. He took me to his home for lunchtime . Opened a cabinet. An array to chooses from-gave me a phone. Took me to store to acyivate. Still have that number!! Of course many phones later

G: grape salad

H: next
Honored Contributor

Hi there.....Checking in from Kansas on my road adventure....it has, overall, gone very well.  Ready to get back home now but we will go via our son's lake house on Friday to meet him, DIL and Three Amigos for our annual Fall weekend...apple orchard, pumpkins, etc.  Home Sunday!

Well, I am very happy to report the Cog Railway trip to top of Pikes Peak was great!!!  I survived my pre-anxiety and so glad I went.  I would recommend it to anyone out in that area.  It is run very well. Railway cars seem to be fairly new and well-maintained.  It is a bit uneasy as you climb higher and higher. Like kittyfan said you feel like you may tip or just roll backwards.   Once up there you can see forever.  I was afraid I might have problems with the high elevation but did not.  I think my body had adjusted along the way to different elevations and I drank a lot of water,

Tomorrow we continue on heading home....after this trip I only have 8 states I have not been to yet.  

Time to recharge for another day.  See you tomorrow.

H ... Hot Tea

NEXT .... I

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Wow walker, you did it!  I wonder if it is similar to the one in Chattanooga?  My G'daughter and I rode that one and you could see 4 states from the top.  Although I am sure Pikes' Peak is a lot higher.  Any G'ma's meds left?  You and my oldest DS have been to so many states!  

My visit to the eye doc was not the news I wanted - my cataractts have finally made it necessary to have surgery.  I am not afraid of the surgery, just dealing with the insurance company.  I am not sure how this is covered since it's different for inpatient vs outpatient (mine will be).  Calling Aetna today.  Oh the joys of being old !!!  The only thing that has escaped old age is my hair - it's still chestnut brown with a few dustings of gray.  Gray hair would be easier to fix!!! lol.  

Another nice day today 83/48 - Passing the coffee ~

I = Infuser

J is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... yay walker, you made it!! and it sounds like it was well worth your anxiety ... I bet the view was amazing and your DH got beautiful pictures ... only 8 states you haven't visited?? sounds like another road trip may be in store ... Safe travels as you venture to your DS's ... if the weather this weekend is anything like ours is going to be, you should have a great time ... our temps are going to be in the mid 70's with lots of sun!! Have fun ...

cookie ... ugh, sorry to hear about the cataracts ... but you are right, the insurance is going to be your biggest headache!! Good luck with them ... here, it takes FOREVER to get a hold of them and then you have to jump through hoops to actually talk to someone ...

It looks like we'll have another BAT without our Queen (you will be missed!) ... I thought we could go back to the PumpkinPlace (where we went last week) ... they have a big Corn Maze that we didn't get a chance to go through ... cookie, kittyfan and bigkat? ... are you up to it??

Another sunny and warm day ... 54 now and we will go up to 67!! Hope everyone has a good day ... pouring and passing ..

J ~ Jasmine Rice

K ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor

Hello ... kittyfan, I hope you had a fun game day (I think it was today?) ...

We are having a super windy afternoon ... sunny and 64, but lots of wind!!

Hope everyone has a good night ...

K ~ Karo Syrup

L ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Maze sounds like fun!!

We had a fun game day. Lots of laughs!!! Had a lovely lunch. These ladies at one time we're all members of the same Sunday school class. My connection is that my friend from forever invited me to join. We always have a great time. They plan an activity once a month. Game day is once a month. I can't always attend but we have a good time.

L: lemonade---with or stout vodka

M: next