Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

Let the celebration continue.......GGQA on the way.....picking up everyone........because we celebrate Tootie's birthday I have loaded balloons and confetti/streamers to drop all over town..🎉🎉🎈🎈..along with an apple 🍎or two🍎 ! Breakfast and apple picking .....fun day ahead.....as always......look out below!  

Happy Saturday!  

I .... It will be another crazy Saturday with SCC or Ice Cubes

NEXT .... J

Respected Contributor
Happy happy birthday to you!!'

Years ago a coworker recommended a restaurant. We drove up and thought oh my. It was off the beaten path. Went in it was wonderful family operation and home cooking yum. Goes to show you can't always tell.

Off to buy cakes for tomorrow. Some folks go all out. I go easy out!

Have books and a cake pan to donate to library. They have a cake pan lending service. I have donated when I find them at the thrift store. Great idea. Those pans can be pricey and not ones you use often.

J: Jamaican jerk chicken

K: nrxt
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for a wonderful Birthday BAT ... we had so much fun ... I am sunburned from being out in the sun all day!! ... cookie, to see you at the tippy top of the ladder (because you wanted to get the "reddest" apple) was amazing!! your balance was excellent, considering all the Mimosas we drank!! ... BUT, oops!! kittyfan and I let go of the ladder!! but you didn't!! down, down, down you and the ladder came!! right onto another tree!! people screamed, walker tried to quiet them by pulling out her crown and telling them she was Queen!! ... of course, too many Mimosas made it impossible to understand her ... the owner of the orchard came over and told us we had to leave!! .... oh no!! cookie wouldn't hear of it!! and her "firing arm" came to life ... she was like a machine throwing apples at everyone!! ... the Police came and we hightailed to GGQA ... luckily we were able to get away .... but cookie was still so mad that she was dropping apples like bombs .... I hope you ladies made it home ... I ran inside as soon as walker let me off ... I hope the police didn't track you down ...

kittyfan, what a really good idea about the pan lending ... there is always that one time that you need a particular pan and you don't want to go and buy one!! ... that would really help someone out ....

Hope everyone had a good Saturday ... DH and I went for a long bike ride and ended up down by the water for the afternoon ... it is a beautiful day here!!

K ~ Ketchup

L ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Whew......just got home!  Quite a day but a lot of fun!  After I dropped you off Tootie, I noticed a few police cars headed your way.  I buzzed them and dropped all the balloons and confetti that I brought along. It was a pretty cool sight if I do say so myself....ha! They came to a screeching halt.  My GGQA quickly took off.   By the time they finish cleaning up the mess, they will forget who they were after ...I hope!

My DS and family still do not have power!!!!  I have not talked with my son ...only text messages.  I am sure he is not in a good mood so I will leave it at that for now. 

Friends with place on Marco Island have checked their place out....husband drove down....said traffic was very bad....all those who evacuated trying to get back.  Fortunately,  very little damage....so lucky.  But, he said the island looks like bombs went off...so many trees down, etc.

I think that is a great idea to donate cake pans to library.  Those specialty types are expensive and you only use them once....probably.

Well, all for now.  Tootie, how nice to go for a bike ride on a pretty day!  Then, rest by the water and pedal back....Deeeelightful!

Bye for now.  

L .... Key LIME Pie

NEXT .... M

Valued Contributor

What a great time!  My arm, among other parts of me ache!  Too bad I used all the apples I picked to throw and didn't save any for Tootie's PD!  I gues a PD is a PD no matter who or where they are!  

Made it home in one piece smelling strangely of apple juice.  Well done ladies -

I can only imagine what the island looks like walker.  At least they are safe.  Good idea about the library kittyfan.  I had no idea they did stuff like that. 

M = Mimosas - waaaaaaaay too many

N is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor
Went by library with my haul. Saw a display of cake pans. While I was waiting wondered if any I had donated. This one was a smurf. . The young lady at desk was delighted. Donated another stack of books. Big sign says book drive. I could and will bring many more to donate. The book sale portion is in an area in front. Always people looking. I have bought before. Not today. Stopped at the food trailer--I don't know how they do it. Doesn't look very big. When she brought me my meal I handed her my money. Told her no change. She looked it was like "are you sure". I just went to bank yesterday and thought I had handed her one amount but maybe not. It was okay. Those ladies work hard long hours. Always smiling. They have really good food. I love supporting the locals. We are getting a Chain fast food--nope Then to the area grocery. What a zoo. Checked out then home. Had a roadrunner in the yard-/dogs were in. Really interesting and beautiful. My brother was a birder. Passed on this love to his kids. My Dad was a huge baseball fan. Skipped a generation to my nephew! Happy to see his love of the game.

Ran into a former coworker. Only a few folks left from my days. The people I enjoyed have all gone. Keep in touch with some!!!!

L: lemonade

M: nrxt.
Honored Contributor

BUMP BUMP again.....good to see you both, cookie and kittyfan.

NEXT .... N

Respected Contributor
Boy we had quite a dance going. Yes I am sure he will be happy to have power. You take it for granted.
Glad the friends did well.

Just saw a report Austin is still hosting evacuees. Asking for donations.

Then I saw the Catholic Church in next burg is hosting a fish fry free will donations. The KC hall down river flooded. Very popular event venue. This is Texas and Friday night lights but I am sure folks will turn out. I know small towns support! May consider it. This church has frequent events on Sunday I am always too late!

N: nuts--eating kind or our friends
O: next
Respected Contributor

You ladies did have quite the dance going .... sorry I missed it.

It is a very warm night here ... and last weekend we decided to take out our window air conditioners in the bedrooms!! ugh!! why?? ... I guess we jumped the gun and just wasn't thinking ...  we know that it always gets warmer when the kids go back to school ... so now we are back to fans in the windows ...

Have a good night friends ... see you in the morning!!

O ~ Oreos

P ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

OH NO, Tootie....no A/C.....at least you have fans!  Make a mental note next year......don't remove until October!  

Winding down for the day.......rest well, friends!  See you all tomorrow.  Getting concerned about bigkat.......remember how kathyinco disappeared?  Oh well....only so much you can do.

For now....I am here....if I disappear....SORRY....it sure has been fun!

P .... Prunes 😳

Q .... Queen turning out lights....night all.....peace...💤💤💤

NEXT ..... R