Respected Contributor
Oh the weather may affect all the big plans! I plan to be in reading a book! I did see the recall on the glasses and saying adult ones won't work for kids. Much ado.

Walking into church hall for game day got a text. Did I want coAts Now we have been melting but a lady at church had a DIL that works in the homeless ministry. So when I can I have them save them. I didn't mind asking but hey can you pick up! Nope I do that hauling also. So I texted back yes. When can I come. I knew it would be after two. So I stopped by. Visited and worked for an hour. Loaded up-/dropped off in a closet back at church. They can pick up there.

Tomorrow is game day again. Actually my friends BD so may see if she wants to go out. We usually eat a snack in front of TV! We always have a good time. Lunch and games. We all have retired now so we can schedule our dates!

N: nuts

O: next

Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~ kittyfan you called it - Eclipse Frenzy - good one~  I'm with you, I will be reading as well.  Amazon has/will credit for the glasses, but what a PITA.  

I don't envey you walker.  The drive would be enough to never go again!  Take G'ma's meds with you.  We are not in a great position to see it, so I'll wait for pictures.

Results were okay at the doc's.  Right heart valve leak worsened a little and that is why my right leg is always swollen and doesn't go away like it used to.  It's all related to being old and genetics.  I go back in 9 months.

The repair people came at 6:30 and left around 1:30.  They will be back since there is a lot to do.  I hope it won't be long as everyone will run out of clean clothes  - W and D are now out on the side patio with the toilet.  Another HOT and muggy day.

Passing the coffee ~

O = Olives     remember putting one on every finger when we were kids?

P is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... kittyfan to the rescue again at the store ... have fun at your game day ...

cookie, glad to hear that your repairs are moving along ... when they are done, you will certainly be busy with laundry (no UB's then) ... happy to hear that you got an OK report from the doctor ... one day at a time ...

The Eclipse Frenzy is getting "frenzier" ... I heard on the news that people are renting their houses and yards for lots of money and now the hotels and airlines have raised their prices for that time too ... that's crazy!!

I also heard on the news that the next Eclipse is supposed to be 2024 over my area ... So, I know that is a ways off, but we are going to have an Eclipse BAT ... and walker, we'll even let your DH come along Woman LOL ..

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ..

P ~ Peppermint Oil

Q ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 🇺🇸

An Eclipse BAT??  With DH?  Oh my, DH will be so honored and you will all be so bored with Eclipse talk...LOL!  Thanks, Tootie, but I may leave him home.  I will need a few extra mimosas to be ready for this "experience"! 🌞🌗🌘🌚🌝........🙄

Cookie, guess we are in the "maintenance years".....patch it, glue it, fix it, etc. and take many UBs!  OH, and Grandmas Meds help too!  You may have to bring your laundry to BAT!

Happy Thursday.....have to run...busy morning and then meet my Three Amigos at noon.  Today is first day of school but the day is a "half".  

See you later.

Q ..... Queen passing ☕️.....enjoy!

NEXT .... R

Respected Contributor
We had a fun game day. Another lady joined us she had been invited previously but declined. She was hesitant at first but didn't take her long to get into the swing. She even won some rounds.

Our lunch plans for tomorrow are scrubbed. So will head home early--hopefully before traffic jams. M
R: radish
S: next
Respected Contributor

We got our rain that was predicted ... a steady rain that is not supposed to last very long ... we will see.

kittyfan, glad you had a good game day ... they can be so much fun ...

Speaking of fun ... any ideas for our BAT this week??

walker, how did the Amigos do today?? I can't believe their first day of school is a half day!!?? What's up with that??

Hope everyone has a good night ... see you in the morning!

S ~ Soup and Sandwiches

T ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Hi friends....where did this day go?  Crazy, eh?  Not one of my better days with my Three Amigos.  They just were kind of out of sorts.....did not want to do anything after school.  Guess that is a sign......time to get back to school...full time!!!  Adjustments after summer are always hard.   I agree, Tootie, skip this half day stuff.....kids feel rushed through portion of day.....give them a full day!!!!  They are at a private school.  Public schools go right into full day....👍.

Hey, cookie, just wanted to say.....sure don't want to take your heart problems lightly.  It is a serious concern with heart valve, etc.

But, we know you will just be fine......keeping you in prayers!!  

BAT this week?.....anything with mimosas!!!!!  Maybe a game day???  Tootie and kittyfan can lead us.....oh, games and mimosas!!!  Fun!

Night all.....see you tomorrow!

T .... Tartar Sauce

NEXT ..... U 

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ I agree walker, what's with the half days and starting school  on Thursday???  There are also teacher's day and any other excuse.  Kids seem to be learning less and less.  

The restoration guys laid the floor yesterday - it is a water proof vinyl that looks like marble.  It is actually very pretty and with the new baseboards (also water proof) it will be perfect.  I don't know why the previous owners had wood flooring (matches rest of house) in two rooms that had lots of pipes and faucets.  Oh well - can't wait until it's finished.  

Thanks for the concern walker.  I have A Fib and this is all related, I guess.I will keep on doing since there's nothing I can do to make it better - it just is.  Good thing for SCC - keeps the spirits up!  Tootie mentioned an Eclipse BAT - we could celebrate what some of us really can't see with games and mimosas.  Whatever is decided, I'm game.  Give the PD a break?

Passing the coffee ~

U = hummm, what starts with U?  Us!!! We are ubiquitous

V is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... BAT Eclipse is in 2024!! that's when we will see the next one and it is supposed to be right over my area ... we have to wait until then!! .... BUT we could have  (like cookie said) a BAT "We Can't See The Eclipse Game Day" ... games and Mimosas ... hmmm, sounds good!!

walker, I bet the Amigos were in rare form because they didn't want to start school ... is today a full day for them?? ... and not to forget about your other set of grands, how are they doing??

cookie, take one day at a time ...glad that your repairs are moving along nicely ... and you tricked us with your "U" Woman LOL

Hope everyone has a good Friday ... pouring and passing ...

V ~ Velveeta

W ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends! 🇺🇸

Running behind this morning.....just want to say hi to all.....grab coffee and keep moving.......I will be back later.

Happy Friday!

W ..... Waffles

NEXT .... X anyone?