Super Contributor

Everyone stay cool...that is hot cookie!! I think we are supposed to cool down in the 70s over the weekend. It has been humid.

Walker, yes hoping no news is good news!

My neighbor has been feeding them for several years. They usually show up in May. I found a feeder that you can put sugar water in the bottom, the top is orange and has holders around it to put jelly in, and in the middle you can put a half an orange through the hanging hook (i have it on a shepherds hook). I thought I would be late getting one, I put it out about 2 weeks before we went away. They are still here big time, and every time I put more jelly in, they are right there eating it up. My neighbor has an orange hanging bowl right on their deck railing that they eat out of. Funny you mention squirrels, we have many that usually stay more by the woods behind us. Today there was one hanging on the hook eating the orange! Maybe he has been cleaning the oranges out!! It has to be jelly, not jam or preserves. They are fun to watch.

L- Lemon Verbena...have grown it before, but never used it!

M is up

Super Contributor

With the talk of birds, I forgot to mention while we were gone, a robin built a nest on a weath on our front screen door. I have had that in previous houses, but here they always have built in smaller trees in our front yard. We're thinkng of putting a sign along our front walk saying beware of nest on front door so delivery guys or the mailman don't get attacked!

Still...M!

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi bigkat and Wecome Back!! ... sounds like you had a busy vacation .... DC is a great place to visit ... lots and lots to see and lots and lots of walking!! ... laughed at your encounter with the March .... and you finished your vacation with a stay by the ocean ... nice and relaxing!!

I have never seen an Oriole in my area ... and never knew you could feed them grape jelly ... I learned something new today!! ... enjoy watching them!! ... oh my gosh!! a birds nest in your wreath ... cute but mama and papa will be dive bombing your visitors ...

See you later ...

M ~ Macaroni Salad

N ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Interesting to feed them grape jelly. But no Orioles in our area.

Last Sunday for my altar duties at church. Am happy to see that snd for a time. I helped my mom as a child if out home church. Lots of memories.

So sweet about the fond celebration of your dad. Miss my Dads tales of growing up in Wisconsin. My grandmother was widowed when he was three. So they had yo pill together-/but that is what families did. No social services in that day

ER visits. Oh my. Enough already.

So sad to hear about the young lady who went to walk her dog and disappeared. Her body was found. In Cookies neck of the woods years ago a girl was home got Chtistmas. Went out for a run. Vanished. Her dad has passed her mom is still living.
Another sad news tale is the hikers found. It is brutally hot. Hard to stay hydrated
Stopped at thrift store. Oh my--this group. I ran into a lady from church. She is a regular customer!

Heard someone say we were moving end of next month--what--not that I heard. I attended the meeting. No move in date has been discussed. So many variables. We will be getting new racks etc. discussing where to buy. They hoped to get grants. Lots of competition for dollars.

N: noodles. The lady at the thrift store is famous for her home made noodles. Staple at barbecue events.

O: next
Valued Contributor

Hi bigkat!  Nice to have you back.  SCC is whole again!!!   I have never seen an Oriole and probably wouldn't know one from another. Grape Jelly, huh?  Sounds like something hummingbirds would like.  How cute, a nest in your wreath. Probably a pain as well, but so sweet.

All these memories about Dads - they were sure great at telling stories and making great ones!  I miss my Dad - he was quite the character!

We haven't made it to 102, just 97.  It sure is hotter than that in our laundry room.  SIL's mom is/was friends with that girl's mother, kittyfan. Easy to get lost around here.  Very sad, I saw it on Dateline a long time ago.

O = Orioles or Oreos

P is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info on Orioles, bigkat.  I will investigate feeders like you mentioned.  I wonder if any Orioles are in my area too. I have never seen one.  Guess I should ask around.....study up on these birds.  Maybe I can expand my feeders although DH will go nuts.....birds and squirrels go together it seems and the squirrels drive DH nuts.  They keep building nests in tree by our deck and DH doesn't want them that close.  Plenty of trees in our yard but they pick the one closest to house....ha.  

Good luck with the robin's nest too, bigkat!  Lots of trees to pick from but they must like your pretty wreath! Usually BEWARE signs are for dogs but birds at your house...ha!

Only 97, cookie? Don't get a chill.....haha. (good O too) Kittyfan, you have some busy days ahead when store move comes up.  Tootie, any BAT plans for tomorrow?  Or, I will just "quietly" slip into town....just a BRIEF get together with friends....😂.

Talked to DS today......a quiet, uneventful day....whew!  GS doing ok with nose and DIL getting by until she sees her doctor on Monday.  I can't believe she has to wait until Monday!!!  I thought most doctors allowed for the unexpected illnesses, etc.  

Bye for now.....dimming lights....see you tomorrow.

P ... Prunes

Q .... Queen says Good Night 👋 

NEXT .... R

Respected Contributor

Hello ... walker, laughing about the squirrel making a nest in the tree closet to your deck ... he wanted a "birds eye" view ... really can't blame your DH for not wanting them that close ... good news about your grandson, but what the heck?? your DIL has to wait until Monday ... I thought they "saved" room for sick/emergencies too!!

We are having a Welcome Home Queen BAT (as cookie suggested) ... we can meet here and see what happens ... we may have to "manicure" the hedges/flowers at the PD or we can go on a Oriole hunt ... I've never seen them here ...

Have a good night ...

R ~ Raisins

S ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... breakfast pizza, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee/tea and Mimosas are ready ... come over when you can!

It is a cool 64 right now and going up to 74 with a chance of rain this afternoon ....

My niece graduates tonight (it is planned for outdoors) fingers crossed, it doesn't rain ... if it does, we are all crammed inside ...

Hope everyone has a good day ... coffees ready!!

S ~ Syrup

T ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~ Tootie, I can smell the coffee from TX!  So glad you have normal temps.  It was 80 and humid at 4:30 this morning.  BTW, we made it to 104 yesterday afternoon.  Rain and 88 predicted today. 

Glad things are progressing well for your family, walker. Wait until Monday????  Hope your DIL has nothing serious.  I love all the little squirrels and so do our dogs!  

Hopefully, the restoration people will find everything dried and remove those hot, noisy turbo blowers.  The pantry was really warm and all the canned goods are way too warm to keep safely, so they will need to be tossed.

Welcome Queen BAT, here I come ~

T = Thankful for AC  or Tupperware

U is next   

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.....🎼.......I sing that a lot on nice days and my GD will say "grandma, why do you always sing that?"....ha!  Guess it goes back to days of Mr. Rodgers....which by the way my kids never really liked that much...ha....maybe it was the song???  

OK.....need to stop chit-chat and get QA going!!!  Be there soon.....ready or not PD....here we come....and.....👑...SHE'S BACK!

U .... UBs after BAT so Tootie can enjoy graduation tonight!

and UBs for cookie because it is too darn hot to do 

anything else!!!  

NEXT .... V