Super Contributor

Hi Kathy, enjoy that warm weather!! We are stir crazy here! Kids have been off of school so long, but it's too cold to get out and enjoy the snow.

G-Graters...got a nice set for Christmas

H is next

Honored Contributor
Hi again this morning.....told myself I may be stuck in the house but I can't stay under a blanket all day! So, I am trying to be productive and get some Merry Maid chores done. Right now I am on my required "union" break..HA! Kathy, QM is really doing well and spirits are great. I am happy about that because my brother is out of town and I could not get there if I had to....roads are closed, flights are cancelled and trains are stuck too....good grief! I am trying a new recipe in crock pot today....French Onion Pot Roast....will let you know if it is any good.....warm comfort food. OK....break is over.....back to work.......H........Hoisin Sauce.....NEXT........I
Respected Contributor

Hello .... walker, I think I've been on my "union" break way toooo long this morning...back to work for me too!! Glad to hear that QM is doing well. I am on pins and needles right now, as my DD is heading home from work early (they let them out) .... it is a total white out here...the blizzard that was hitting our southtowns has moved north to us .... Don't think I'll get much done until she is home ..... Your pot roast sounds delicious .....

I ~ Italian Bread

J ~ NEXT

Super Contributor

I am off my break of many days today...told the kids I had to get some things done finally! I left a lot to be done when they went back to school yesterday( they didn't)...which will probably be tomorrow. Too long of a school vacation time when you are stuck inside.

Wishing all is well with DD Tootie. I know by us they have told people not to drive if you don't have to. Hope this crazy weather blows over soon!

Walker, glad to hear QM is doing well! We should go visit her soon again!

J-Jam filled cookies

K is next

Respected Contributor

bigkat....thanks for the well wishes ... DD got home safely!! They just put driving bans on...

I know what you mean about not getting things done when the kids are home from school...it's so much easier and fun just to do things with them .... enjoy it ... they grow up too fast!!

K ~ Kelloggs Corn Flakes

L ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
Cookie: you may have allergies. This is an allergy mecca. People move here and viola! L: lemon drops. My grandfather also had a jar of the old fashioned lemon drops!! M: next
Honored Contributor
On another break.....ha....a long one .....no wonder things don't get done.....ha.....but, wanted to check in and happy to hear your DD got home ok,Tootie, and now your DH? Our road conditions are finally getting better here....but the last two days have been bad. I think schools will open tomorrow. Kittyfan....interesting about possible allergies with Cookie....maybe?..... M...........Mixer.......NEXT......N
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's freezing here too - it's up to 20° after a low of 3° last night. It was so cold that even Angel stayed in the house and didn't whine to go out, although some of the kitties wouldn't come in. At least I know there's shelter for them - I have an extra dog house with a cat bed and fleece throw that I keep for the ferals, plus there are other places they can snuggle into. I'd love to stay in bed under the blankets too, but being on the couch under a blanket of kitties is good too. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I have few errands to run, but they can wait until tomorrow - it's supposed to go up into the 50s...and 60s by the weekend! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

N = nuts

It's so cold out here my nuts are frozen.

O =

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi! Good afternoon. We are at a balmy 42 degrees, I'll take it!! Tootie15, glad that DD made it home. walker, thanks for the update on QM. I did my Merry Maid chores yesterday. DH had a doctor's appointment this morning and Barney gets a shot this afternoon. I have haircut tomorrow. (yipee) walker, your dinner sound delicious. We are working on leftovers. Stay safe and warm. Kathy

O = Orange Pork Chops

P is next

(Double) ORANGE Pork Chops page 24 The Deen Bros. Take It Easy Cookbook.

1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

1/3 cup orange marmalade

3 TBS unsalted butter

1 TBS vegetable oil

Four 8-ounce center-cut, bone-in pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice and marmalade.

Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer the chops to a platter and cover loosley with aluminum foil.

Pour off all but 3 TBS of drippings from the skillet and add the orange juice mixture. Raise the heat to medium hight and stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, until the sauce is reduced and slightly syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Return the pork chops to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, turning the pork chops a few times in the sauce.

Drizzle the pork chops with some of the sauce and pass the remaining sauce in a bowl.

Respected Contributor

Well ... DH made it home too!! Now we are all hunkered down for the night .....Pasta and sauce, salad and breadsticks for dinner!!

P ~ Powdered Sugar

Q ~ NEXT