Honored Contributor

I laughed out loud and just had to share.  It's from Twitter by an Annie McGrath:

She writes:  "This is 45 bags of spinach."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When my girls were growing up we ate spinach maybe 2 times a week!

We all love spinach so much.  I'd make meals with maybe 4 or 5 vegetables (no meat) just vegetables.

OK, now being honest here.  It's not like I'm a great cook or anything.  It's not like I do something magical with vegetables.

It's more like how can you take what is otherwise a healthy vegetable and cook it to death (spinach) and add butter.

Here's a sample of my veggie meal.  Spinach, green beans, sometimes mashed potatoes, corn, and a few other things.

My girls sometimes even put spinach on their hot dogs.  My son-in-law always thought he was funny when he'd say, "Annabelle opens up a mean can".  Ha!  Ha!

Say it anyway you want, my girls love vegetables.  Lima beans, you bet....

The only thing they didn't like that Dad did was asparagus.

Honored Contributor

Yup, I eat a pound just for my serving.  In the morning I eat a pound of greens (usually broccoli) so I'm used to the shrinking greens.  So worth it...so good for you!

Esteemed Contributor

Spinach is probably my favorite veggie, thanks Pop Eye!  I especially like a spinach omelet, quiche, and salad, but my family's favorite is sauteed in olive oil with crushed red pepper and garlic.  Simply delicious.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I love Spinach but, it has to be fresh spinach steamed with garlic & oil ..... I put it on a piece of italian bread & make a meal out of it .... YUM YUM 🤗😊