Honored Contributor

This Two-Ingredient Trader Joe's Dessert Is Exactly What Your Summer Needs

download (42).jpg

YOU MUST TRY THIS! The most refreshing homemade blueberry ice cream in 2 minutes! I maybe a little late to this trend but I have a feeling this is the first time a lot of you have seen this! It’s SO easy to make and also very healthy! .

Put 1 cup of frozen blueberries in a cup. Add your milk of choice (I used oat), just enough to cover the berries and stir it. Then let it sit for a minute or so before giving it another stir. It will magically turns into the frozen slushy ice cream. You don’t need to blend!! Enjoy! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Re: This Two-Ingredient Trader Joe's Dessert Is Exactly What Your Summer Needs

Wow! Easy! I must try!!!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Chi-town girl .  I have some blueberries in the freezer...I'm trying this tomorrow!

i wonder if it would work with other fruit?  I have some peaches in the freezer, too.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Thank you @Chi-town girl .  I have some blueberries in the freezer...I'm trying this tomorrow!

i wonder if it would work with other fruit?  I have some peaches in the freezer, too.

@alicedee  - I wonder the same about using other fruit. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

When the Ninja blenders came out, they demo making the frozen fruit with milk as well, and they used different fruits as well.

Respected Contributor

How does this work? Does the milk dissolve the berries? What witchcraft is this?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Must try this!  Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting.

Respected Contributor

The frozen berries freeze the already cold milk.  I see this when I put blueberries on my cold cereal in the a.m.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@alicedee  - I wonder the same about using other fruit. 

I will try it with peaches too.  If it doesn't turn out I can add to oatmeal! 

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl Yum. I have a couple of bags of Dole Frozen mixed Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries) in my freezer. I get tired of smoothies and have been craving ice cream. I will try this over the weekend.Thanks!