Honored Contributor

The Official Downton Abbey Christmas Cookbook

Will be available in October.  I will look for released recipes to post/share

a7858288d86e446fee41821cb3a97c06.png

Now you can eat like an aristocrat with an upcoming Downtown Abbey cookbook.

The Official Downton Abbey Christmas Cookbook includes recipes that viewers see during the often dramatic sit down meals in the show. The recipes are also historically and culturally accurate to the time period, as it features "a collection of traditional British holiday recipes, from appetizers to desserts, that were popular during the Edwardian period," according to the book description.

Along with the recipes, the book will tell stories from the series, talk about seasonal traditions from the Edwardian era, and have photographs from important moments in the show. It will be officially released on October 27, but you can already pre-order the cookbook on Amazon for $31. If you haven't watched the fan-favorite show yet or want to binge it as a refresher, this late October release date gives you enough time to do so.

Some of the recipes fans can follow along with in the book include Christmas cake, pan potatoes, spinach balls, and coq au vin. There is a mix of appetizers and main course dishes that you can make for the holidays or for a Downton Abbey-themed app night. Better start practicing your North Yorkshire accents!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Official Downton Abbey Christmas Cookbook

I'll have to put that on my list.  Sounds interesting.  I like to look at cook books, but very seldom do any of the recipes.  Guess I'm used to a "little of this and a little of that" cooking Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The Official Downton Abbey Christmas Cookbook

VERY interesting read!!!  I wouldn't want to even guess the calories!!!  Victorians cooked with "real everything".  Real butter (which I do), and lard.!!!!