Esteemed Contributor

The Best and Easiest Holiday Treat......Bread Pudding with Egg Nog

Cinnamon/Raison Bread Pudding with EGG NOG:

Cube up a loaf of cinnamon/raisin bread. Put the cubes in a large bowl and pour one quart of egg nog in with it. Toss lightly, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.

While that is sitting, whisk 4 eggs and 1 cup of sugar, along with 2 TBLSP. vanilla until foamy. I have an immersion blender, so that makes it really foamy. A blender will do just fine. After that is blended, add to the bread/egg nog mixture. Again, toss lightly and let sit another 10 minutes.

Pour into a greased Pyrex 9x13 cake pan (or two loaf pans) and bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Voila - it's done. No testing needed. Just remove after 55 minutes. I also sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the top before baking. It gives it a nice golden brown color.......

When it's not holiday season, I make the same bread pudding with milk instead of the egg nog. It's really tasty and custardy..... Everyone loves it.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Best and Easiest Holiday Treat......Bread Pudding with Egg Nog

This looks really good! ty for sharing..

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds great and easy, thank you!

Regular Contributor

One of the casseroles I make for Christmas Morning Brunch is very similar except it calls for milk. Will try it with eggnog this year. Thanks. Never thought about that substitution although I do use 1/2 & 1/2 instead of milk.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 cece5231 said: One of the casseroles I make for Christmas Morning Brunch is very similar except it calls for milk. Will try it with eggnog this year. Thanks. Never thought about that substitution although I do use 1/2 & 1/2 instead of milk.

I always make this with milk but saw this somewhere and decided to try it. Just substitute with egg nog. (I added about a glass more)...... My husband has almost eaten the whole pan... Today, we had it with a glass of egg nog. I think I must have over-dosed. I feel slightly ill right now. LOL

Try it - you won't be sorry. You won't be able to get egg nog much longer, I don't think. It's so custardy and good. Oh, and BTW, don't forget the 2 TBLSP. of Vanilla. (I use the "imitation") I think it has a stronger flavor.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I just got home with the ingredients, will make it tonight! Thanks for the recipe!!

Esteemed Contributor

Made it last night, DELICIOUS!!!! And I don't usually like bread pudding!!

Honored Contributor

I made a version of this over the weekend. I made a mistake at the grocery store, though. I thought I grabbed cinnamon-raising bread, but what I really took was a cinnamon swirl bread with cranberries and apples. It's what I had so I used it and it came out great inspite of my mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

Going out to get whipped cream to put on the pudding!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/24/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I made a version of this over the weekend. I made a mistake at the grocery store, though. I thought I grabbed cinnamon-raising bread, but what I really took was a cinnamon swirl bread with cranberries and apples. It's what I had so I used it and it came out great inspite of my mistake.

Oooooh, I never saw that kind of bread. I will have to look for it. I even added some Craisins across the top along with the cinnamon sugar. (forgot to mention that)

BUT, still, it really is good, isn't it???? I think, even if you just used plain bread and added cinnamon and raisins, it probably would come out the same, wouldn't it??? I might try it during the year, when I just use milk.....

Glad you tried it and like it. Happy Holidays....Smile