Trusted Contributor

I love Thai food and tried the Iced tea the other day.  Really good.  Has anyone else tried it?

Boop

Trusted Contributor

Boop, I am totally addicted to Thai Iced Tea, especially where it's beautifully served in three layers with the creamy top and the lovely rosy orange middle.  It always seems a shame to stir it together.  I've looked at recipes in numerous cookbooks (most of which disagree with each other), but the secret -- aside from a multiple brewing process -- seems to be the tea itself.  I know it must be popular, but no stores I've tried carry any frorm of Thai Tea even though they have sections for other Thai products.

Have you tried Thai Iced Coffee?  It has almost a chocolate under-tone.  I get to a Thai restaurant so infrequently I'm always torn which to order.  (Seeing your post just gave me a TERRIBLE CRAVING!)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thai Iced tea

[ Edited ]

@HoneybitI don't  drink coffee.  I will try and find a recipe.  Looks like there is condensed milk in it.  No wonder it is so good.  LOL There is a large number of oriental grocery stores close to me.  I will see if they sell the tea.   I made chai tea mix for a Red Hat group of mine. 

Boop