Super Contributor

Re: Temptations mini loaf pans

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Go to the store and buy a box of banana bread mix.  Put 1/2 in one and 1/2 in the other.

I always add smashed up ripe bananas (keeps it moist) and on the top I coat it with sugar cinnamon (you can mix it yourself or even can buy it already mixed in a container).

Very few people don't like banana bread (with cinnamon on it).

This is just my style!  Thanks very much

Super Contributor

@mizree wrote:

@onliner Smitten Kitchen banana bread makes 2 perfect minis.  Use 3 bananas.

Thanks, I will check that out!  

Trusted Contributor

I'm making my mom's recipe for fruitcake (don't sudder, this stuff is seriously great). I'm using the set of 4 mini loaf pans and giving them as holiday gifts. 

Respected Contributor

Are you giving them away for Christmas?  Cranberry bread is wonderful anytime, but is very Christmas-y.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Go to the store and buy a box of banana bread mix.  Put 1/2 in one and 1/2 in the other.

I always add smashed up ripe bananas (keeps it moist) and on the top I coat it with sugar cinnamon (you can mix it yourself or even can buy it already mixed in a container).

@Annabellethecat66I'm one of those few people.  Just don't care for bananas.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@onliner wrote:

Hope someone can help.  I bought the set of 4 Temptations mini loaf pans several years ago and didn't use or give them away.  I would like to give at least 2 away but don't know what I could bake inside.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Make some fudge on the stove and spoon it in. You could also do a layered trifle-type treat (ie nilla wafers, pudding, whipped cream, repeat)

Honored Contributor

I’m not overly fond of them, but I eat them for the potassium.

It doesn’t have to be banana nut bread, it could be any kind.

Just use your imagination.  If you are talking about the very small pans you can make 4 mini loaves.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Annabellethecat66I'm one of those few people.  Just don't care for bananas.  

-------------

Me too!!!   I cant stand the smell of anything banana!!   Actually nauseates me!!

Valued Contributor

PA, it looks beautiful, and it comes from the heart, I make a lot of almond Rocha and probably about 15 different kinds of cookies throughout the years that home baked bread is something people really like. Nice
job!! I think I have a chocolate zucchini bread recipe
on here I posted a long time ago and it’s so good to give out at Christmas or Thanksgiving
Britt