Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   This may be too obvious, but I would use a good white wine vinegar and add chopped fresh tarragon (to taste) to the recipe.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   @Mom2Dogs   The Amazon $9.00 price for 12 ounces is fair.  

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG .... Good thought....but my girl friend tried making her own, said it was not the same.

Honored Contributor

I would like to add for the tarragon lovers that I recently bought some Dijon mustard with tarragon.  The brand is Edmond Fallot also from France.  

When I make egg salad I add celery, green onion, parsley and mayo with some Dijon Mustard.  I added this tarragon Dijon mustard instead and it was delicious.  In fact I think I will go boil some eggs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Still Raining ...I have been looking local at the 2 grocery stores....we have no 'specialty stores' in our area

Benessere Olive Oils and Vinegars in Portland, OR is where I drive over to.  They do ship.  

For me, they are worth the price and the drive.  I always make my own dressings and nothing has ever gone bad.  It is long drive so I stock up when I go.

Respected Contributor

RE:   ". . . tried making her own, said it was not the same."

I am sure she was right, infusion generally takes months.  But, in a pinch ...

BTW, @DiAnne's suggestion of tarragon Dijon is a valid idea as mustard is made with vinegar and mustard seeds.  Again, the result would not be the same, but that is not to say it couldn't be as good or even better.  

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@RespectLife   @Mom2Dogs   The Amazon $9.00 price for 12 ounces is fair.  

aroc3435

@aroc3435 

thanks!  ordered w/ my daughter's Prime! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tarragon vinegar

[ Edited ]

Edited to add:  I have no idea how this got attached to the wrong thread.  Will try to correct.