Honored Contributor

Tara's No-Bake Eclair Cake

[ Edited ]

She posted this on Instagram today. It looks yummy, though I'm not a fan of the canned frosting.

1.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Tara's No-Bake Eclair Cake

@house_cat 

It does look delicious but I am not a fan of Cool Whip  and I have never had canned frosting - I guess we are both out of luck! 

Honored Contributor

It looks simple and delicious. I don't care for most canned frosting either. I guess you could substitute with another topping though I don't know what that would be lol.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne 

You have NEVER had canned frosting?  Ever?  I'm impresed!

@colliemom4 

I would substitute a chocolate ganache.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   I concur.  I don't like the canned frosting either.  I'm with you--chocolate ganache would work well and is easy enough to make and flavor is sooooo much better!

Cake mixes can be doctored up to improve them but I've never found a way to doctor up canned frosting of any variety.

Honored Contributor

I make this occasionally for trucker daughter  and her boyfriend; always use a jar of ice cream topping (the magic shell one is their favorite).  I never use frosting.   

Honored Contributor

I think I would use vanilla wafers instead of graham crackers (I don't need anymore diarrhea) and would use a whipping cream instead of Kool Whip and a ganache instead of the canned stuff.  Hey, I think we need to patent our new recipe.  Hee hee.

Honored Contributor

That is not a 13x9 pan used in the pic, looks more like a loaf pan. Maybe she cut the recipe in half for the loaf pan?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

YES!!!! you are correct!! i caught the loaf pan too. i was just thinking this is the perfect size seeing its only my husband and myself. but then the recipe is for a 9 by 13 pan.......that is rather confusing.

Honored Contributor

@so so 

It's just me and DH here too, so a loaf pan serving would be great for us too, we'd never eat a 13x9 pan of it and no one to share with.

But it seems to me that splitting the recipe in half would still be too much for a loaf pan vs. a 13x9 pan. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.