Honored Contributor

Taco Pizza Squares

[ Edited ]

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine.  I just tried it recently and thought I would share here.  Good and Easy!  I am including recipe for Seasoned Taco Meat but I made my own using 1 lb. of ground beef for this recipe.

TACO PIZZA SQUARES

1 tube (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust 

1 can/jar (8 oz) pizza sauce 

2 cups prepared taco meat

2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Unroll pizza dough and place in a greased 15x10x1" baking pan (cookie sheet).  Spread with pizza sauce, sprinkle with the taco meat, tomatoes and cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees until crust is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.

Top with lettuce, additional tomatoes, etc, like toppings for tacos, if desired.

Seasoned Taco Meat*

3 lbs. ground beef 

2 large onions, chopped

2 cups water

5 tablespoons chili powder

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon ground cumin

3/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

In large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Add water and seasonings.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.

* You do not need all of this meat mixture for one recipe of the Taco Pizza Squares.  Freeze extra for tacos another time or use for more than one pan.

Respected Contributor

@walker 2 of my favorite things!

Respected Contributor

@walker   This sounds yummy.  Will definitely be trying this soon.  Thank you so much for sharing the squares and meat recipes.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Thank you walker!

Respected Contributor
Will try this. I love Taste of Home & have so many of their magazines; some are quite old but still relevant.

Thank you for posting this recipe.
Respected Contributor

sounds like a keeper!I'm having dinner at your house walker.ill bring margaritas 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam .....HAHA....come on over.....everyone invited...better bring a lot of Margaritas! 😁

Respected Contributor

your on walker!would you prefer strawberry,peach or regular margaritas 🍹you know,I bet some pp, in here really wishes they could meet.you sound like a very nice person

Honored Contributor

Decisions, decisions now....🤣.....bring them all!  Better bring an overnight bag too, sherrikay! 🤣🤣 I understand it is National Tequilla Day ....good time to celebrate...Taco Pizza and Margaritas!   Thanks for your kind words.  There are many good people on these boards that I would like to meet.  QVC should have a "Meet Your Friends" get-together like they used to do with live audiences.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

yes,that would be pretty awesome walker