Respected Contributor

TURKEY BREAST SHEET PAN DINNER w/ vegetables

This recipe from well-known cook Ellie Krieger might appeal to someone out there who has bought the turkey breast but hasn't decided how to cook it yet.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/nov/20/thanksgiving-sheet-pan-dinner-ready-in-/?features

Respected Contributor

Re: TURKEY BREAST SHEET PAN DINNER w/ vegetables

What an interesting recipe. Thank you for posting. Will try it some day.

Honored Contributor

You know--the idea of using a sheet pan for everything is a gret idea, but mine just turn out awful with the meats steaming rather than roasting and then the veg get soggy too. Not a fan. I do roast my vegs on sheet pans tho which turn out great-- have tried with most the types of meats and never am happy with it----

Honored Contributor

Everything on the plate of prepared food looks extremely dry.  I don't see any sign of moisture or juiciness in the turkey.  Looks very unappealing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

That's what gravy is for and why it's usually a standard item when serving turkey.

Some fairly good gravies come in jars and cans from the grocery store, if one can't be made from scratch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl 

I often do a sheet pan dinner with roasted  pork tenderloin, whole carrots, baby gold potatoes,  and fresh green beans.

Pork tenderloins don't take very long to cook, so they might need to come off the pan before the vegetables.  I have also put some thick slices of onion under the meat and that works well for me.

We like this entire meal and now I want to fix it again real soon.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Kachina624 

That's what gravy is for and why it's usually a standard item when serving turkey.

Some fairly good gravies come in jars and cans from the grocery store, if one can't be made from scratch.

@novamc1.  Already did the gravy thread this past week.  I'd prefer to cook the breast in a manner that's not so drying.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Thanks for letting everyone know.that you just wouldn't use this recipe.  It came from a famous cook/chef often seen  on  TV and in national print publications.

I thought some folks might like to see the cooking method used.

You said you would prefer a different cooking method that presumably would make the bird more moist.

How about sharing what that method would be?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @novamc1