Valued Contributor

THE FAMOUS Mac and Cheese recipe Sunday

Carol's mac and cheese recipe was finally shared on Sunday. Looks wonderfully rich and cheesy. If and when I make it, it will be for a carry in dinner sometime. If anyone does make it soon, would you share your thoughts on it?  David and his crew seem crazy over it.

Contributor

Re: THE FAMOUS Mac and Cheese recipe Sunday

I love mac and cheese!!  Where can that recipe be found?

Honored Contributor

Who is Carol?  Do you mean Carolyn Gracie?

Honored Contributor

@Kayell 

Here's a link to Host Recipes:

https://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TemplatedDisplayView?storeId=10251&langId=-1&catalogId...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Kayell 

And here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb campanelle pasta
  • 2 (15-oz) jars Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese, divided
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1 cup shredded gruyere
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella, divided
  • 1 lb fresh mozzarella, cut in 1/2" slices
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F.

• Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water (until chilled), and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta.

• Divide the heavy cream between the two emptied Alfredo jars, then place the lids back on and shake the jars. This will remove the rest of the Alfredo sauce from the jars. Pour the heavy cream over the pasta and Alfredo sauce in the mixing bowl. Next, add 1/2 cup of the Italian-blend cheese, all the cheddar, all the gruyere, and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella. Stir all the ingredients together. Transfer to a deep, 13" x 9" baking dish.

• Top the mac and cheese with the remaining 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese and the remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella. Lay the slices of fresh mozzarella over the shredded cheeses.

• Cover the baking dish, first with a piece of plastic wrap and then with a piece of foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil and the plastic wrap and bake for an additional 15–20 minutes, until it's bubbling all over.

• If you're using a convection oven, the top will be golden brown. If you're using a conventional oven, the top will only be slightly brown. To brown it further, broil for a few minutes once it's done baking. Remove from the oven and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This recipe sounds absolutely delicious!  I will be making this soon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom  I give up! Why do you cover with plastic wrap . . . and then foil? Doesn't the plastic wrap melt in the oven?

I haven't made mac and cheese in 20 years and this sounds scary to me!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Wow.  This Mac and Cheese recipe should be renamed  "Heart attack in a dish"

Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thank you!!