1/4 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. plus 1 T. sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 C. Bisquick baking mix
1/4 C. yellow cornmeal
2/3 C. milk

Preheat oven to 350*.

Grease the cups of a standard muffin tin.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light
and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition.
Mix in vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick baking mix and cornmeal. Alternating, add cornmeal mixture and milk to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty   Thank you!   I love sweet corn muffins, but have never tried making them.  I am going to try these for the holidays, especially since I have a good portion of Bisquick sitting in my pantry and I have been wanting to use some of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@LilBitMissty   Thank you!   I love sweet corn muffins, but have never tried making them.  I am going to try these for the holidays, especially since I have a good portion of Bisquick sitting in my pantry and I have been wanting to use some of it.

@hellodali  ..... I just discovered Bisquick again .... I made corn fritters using Bisquick rather than flour & they turned out great .. Now I am going to try these corn muffins over the weekend 😃

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty  Thank you these will be on my Christmas dinner table. 🎅🎄🙌

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

SWEET CORN MUFFINS

1/4 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. plus 1 T. sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 C. Bisquick baking mix
1/4 C. yellow cornmeal
2/3 C. milk

Preheat oven to 350*.

Grease the cups of a standard muffin tin.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light
and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition.
Mix in vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick baking mix and cornmeal. Alternating, add cornmeal mixture and milk to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.

@LilBitMissty, that is my kind of muffin! Ty, I may make these later today to go with my vegetable beef soup. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Corn Muffins

[ Edited ]

I like to add 3/4 cup sour cream to a similar recipe for some tang and moisture.  I never thought to add vanilla to my corn muffins.

Trusted Contributor

@LilBitMissty

Hi Lilbit!  Please clarify for me if 1 T. sugar and 1 T. vanilla are tablespoons  or teaspoons.  I notice you use uppercase 'c' for cups in this recipe so I don't know if you just capitalize 't' by itself to denote teaspoon and use capital 't plus another letter(s)' to indicate tablespoon.  Thanks for your reply.  I want to make these today.

Trusted Contributor

@vabreeze...  Hi dear. I am so sorry for any confusion.

Yes T = Tablespoon and C. = Cup .  Let me know if you make them. Smiley Happy