Respected Contributor

Re: Sweet Baby Ray's Crock Pot Chicken

I think the recipe sounds simple and tasty, and would probably use chicken. I'm also one who would prefer cooking in the oven rather than crock pot. 

I also prefer that post stay on topic. I'm baffled why posters would follow other's post just to snipe.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Simple prep that sounds delish. I think I will make it in the oven in my clay pot. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I have this recipe saved on Pinterest. I don't think I've ever made it though. I would shred the chicken like you would for pulled pork. I actually prefer to cook my chicken breast for shredding in the crock pot as they are a soft and velvety texture.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@MG Chris  I've stopped using my slow cooker in favor of cooking things low and slow in the oven.  I like being able to tilt or remove the lid of my enameled cast iron braiser to cook down sauces. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl - this recipe sounds good. I would change the chicken breasts to boneless/skinless ch thighs as I find they stay more moist.

Trusted Contributor

I understand the desire to have bbq without the grill or smoker. My late hubs was a grillmaster. I cannot duplicate that in the kitchen. I will say kitchen bbq can make a decent pulled meat sandwich.

Esteemed Contributor

I make many chicken crockpot recipes and they always come out great.  I like the sound of this and will give it a try.  Like another poster mentioned, I'll probably shred the chicken like I would with pulled pork. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think I'll try it with some chicken breasts as suggested in the recipe.  I've also got a smallish pork roast in the freezer that might be good but I'd cook it longer.

@Kachina624 

My thought also, minus the hot spicy part.  I love barbecued chicken pieces with big pieces of onion!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    Me too!  I always add thick onion sluces.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I like this one:  BBQ Crockpot Chicken

3 lbs. Chicken Breasts

1+1/2 Cups Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce

1/4 Cup + 2T. Zesty Italian Dressing

1/4 Cup + 2T. Brown Sugar  

Cook on high 3-4 hours, shred and put back in sauce for 20 minutes.