Esteemed Contributor

Supernatural Brownies (The Best Brownie Recipe Ever) - From Once Upon A Chef

@kaiwahini mentioned in another post about how much she liked the Once Upon A Chef site ... particularly the brownie recipe below. I've made this a couple of times and it is rich, moist and delish.

I freeze the trimmed pcs and pull out when I want a quick and easy chocolate fix and or to make chocolate brownie parfaits. I actually like those crusty end pcs a a lot.

Supernatural Brownies (The Best Brownie Recipe Ever) - From Once Upon A Chef

Brownies 3.PNG

INGREDIENTS

2 sticks (½ pound) unsalted butter
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I use Ghirardelli bars)
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with knife

INSTRUCTIONS
Set the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with parchment paper (bring parchment up sides of pan so there is a slight overhang) and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.

Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave until bubbling. Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. The heat from the butter should be enough to melt the chocolate completely, but if not, place the chocolate-butter mixture in the microwave and heat for 20 seconds or so, then whisk again.

(Alternatively, combine the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.)

Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; whisk until smooth (be sure no lumps of brown sugar remain). Whisk in the chocolate-butter mixture, then add the flour and whisk until the batter is uniform.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top has formed a shiny crust and the batter is moderately firm. Cool completely in the pan on a rack. If not serving right away, store them at room temperature, for 3 to 4 days. To extend their shelf life for a day or two, you can refrigerate them.

To cut brownies, first lift them out of the pan using the parchment overhang and transfer them to a cutting board. Separate the parchment from the edges. Using a sharp knife, trim away the edges and cut the brownies into 2-in squares.

Parchment used to bake >>>>>  easy to lift out and cut brownies.

Brownies 1.PNG  Brownies 2.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Supernatural Brownies (The Best Brownie Recipe Ever) - From Once Upon A Chef

Looks yummy 😋. I love brownies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Supernatural Brownies (The Best Brownie Recipe Ever) - From Once Upon A Chef

They look excellent. I'm sure a person could add walnuts, if desired.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

Walnuts would be a great addition to any brownie recipe. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@kate2357 :  Lady, I wish I could fill up the page with hearts for you in thanks for this recipe !!  I had a recipe similar to this and have no clue where it is now. That's how I know it's good and I'm headed to the kitchen right now to make a batch. Cheers 💕

Esteemed Contributor

@Spacrazy 

I am so jealous of you having warm brownies in the very near future. Love the smell of brownies baking and then....the taste when they are still warm and a bit gooey. Mmmm. Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Yum I love brownies with walnuts & no icing. Can't remember last time I ate one. 

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Thanks for posting!

I never have chocolate bars....have you ever subbed semi-sweet chocolate chips?

Trusted Contributor

@kate2357  I really wish I hadn't opened this post!  LOL,  seriously these look good.  And a good idea about freezing the edges.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@kate2357 

Thanks for posting!

I never have chocolate bars....have you ever subbed semi-sweet chocolate chips?

@RespectLife 

Yes, morsels/chips work just fine. Pick a chocolate you love.