Frequent Contributor

Super Quick And Easy Cookies

This has probably been posted before, but for those that haven't seen it, here goes:

1 Box Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Cake Mix 

2 eggs

1/2 c canola oil

1/2 c chopped walnuts

1/4 c golden raisins

1/4 c dried cranberries

Put all ingridients into a large bowl and mix by hand till blended

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto slightly greased cookie sheet

Bake at 350 for 12 -14 minutes.

Note: Any cake flavor will do - just use your imagination. A carrot cake mix would be good with these ingridients, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Quick And Easy Cookies

I would like to try that receipe w/chocolate chip cookies only if the cookies will come out soft

I don't like hard chocolate chip cookies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I would like to try that receipe w/chocolate chip cookies only if the cookies will come out soft

I don't like hard chocolate chip cookies.

Yes, these cookies are soft., 

Respected Contributor

Super quick and easy cookies #2

1cup peanut butter

1cup granulated sugar

1 egg

Method:  preheat oven to 350 degrees F

mix ingredients and drop by spoonfulls onto cookie sheet

bake 12 to 15min or until set and slightly browned.  Oven temp may vary, check often.

Eat same day.  I don't know how well they store as there have never been any leftovers!

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Super quick and easy cookies #2

1cup peanut butter

1cup granulated sugar

1 egg

Method:  preheat oven to 350 degrees F

mix ingredients and drop by spoonfulls onto cookie sheet

bake 12 to 15min or until set and slightly browned.  Oven temp may vary, check often.

Eat same day.  I don't know how well they store as there have never been any leftovers!

Is that the whole recipe or did you leave ingredients out?

Seems to me that just peanut butter, sugar and an egg will leave one big, melted mess on the cookie sheet after 12-15 minutes in the oven.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter Hi!  Nope,  It is Just the three ingredients. The egg  binds the other two together.

I DID forget to say to press the cookie dough balls down with a fork to make the classic criss cross pattern on the tops.  My oven is notoriously slow so it might thke even Less than the time stated.

These are not a crispy cookie but the peanut butter lovers in my circle like them best.  As mentioned before,  I don't know how well these would keep because of the egg even though it is cooked so I don't make them until the day I want them.  Good thing is they don't require a lot of prep time or ingredients.  Those are my foavurite kinds of recipies!

Trusted Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@CelticCrafter Hi!  Nope,  It is Just the three ingredients. The egg  binds the other two together.

I DID forget to say to press the cookie dough balls down with a fork to make the classic criss cross pattern on the tops.  My oven is notoriously slow so it might thke even Less than the time stated.

These are not a crispy cookie but the peanut butter lovers in my circle like them best.  As mentioned before,  I don't know how well these would keep because of the egg even though it is cooked so I don't make them until the day I want them.  Good thing is they don't require a lot of prep time or ingredients.  Those are my foavurite kinds of recipies!

Hi @candys mine,

This is a really good recipe.

It is very easy, and the cookies are delicious. I have made this recipe before.

The cookies turn out so nice!

They didn't last that long in our household, either. My husband loves anything with peanuts or peanut butter in it. Smiley Very Happy