Honored Contributor

I've been looking at recipes that use sun dried tomatoes so I can use pantry items. 

This soup looks delicious and has healthy ingredients. We need a break from chicken soup! If you don't have an immersion blender, you can put the soup in a blender 

Sundried Tomato Soup

96A32497-00B6-40F3-8891-6FDEE2C645CF.jpeg

Cook time 25 minutes, serves 4-6

This soup is hearty and satisfying while not being heavy. The secret? White beans! Blending them up alongside all the other flavor-packed ingredients gives this soup a velvety texture without any cream. It’s a perfect cold weather warmer.

Serve this soup with crusty bread or a grilled cheese for dipping.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to serve
  • 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 small red onion, diced
  • 1 celery rib, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 2 - 7 ounce jars sun dried tomatoes, drained 
  • 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounce) drained & rinsed 
  • 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
  • 3 1/3 cups water
  • 1 bunch Tuscan kale, chopped, about 3 cups
  • Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
  • Olive oil for drizzling 

Instructions

1. Heat a medium Dutch oven or saucepan over medium high heat. Add the oil to the pan followed by the carrot, red onion, celery, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are fragrant and beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.

2. Add the sundried tomatoes and cannellini beans and stir to combine. Cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and the water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are tender and plump, 15 to 20 minutes.

3. Remove from the heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup to desired consistency. We leave it with a touch of texture. Return to medium heat and stir in the kale and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.

4. Cook until the kale is tender and wilted, 5 more minutes. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am definately going to make some. Looks so delicious!

Honored Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

@Chi-town girl Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am definately going to make some. Looks so delicious!

@Mint2 - you're welcome & ENJOY 😋

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
Looks healthy and delicious! Will be trying soon
Esteemed Contributor

MY HUBBY IS A HUGE FAN OF SUNDRIED TOMATO SOUP!

DEFINITELY MAKING IT!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

MY HUBBY IS A HUGE FAN OF SUNDRIED TOMATO SOUP!

DEFINITELY MAKING IT!

@Steffdoggy10 @weezer111 @Mint2  - I'm going to make this in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you make it and your comments/suggestions. Thinking that cooked crumbled Italian sausage could be added too

Esteemed Contributor

THAT SOUNDS GOOD TOO CHI!
OR EVEN ADDING SOME CAPERS AND SLICED OLIVES!

MY HUBBY LOVES THAT KIND OF STUFF!!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

THAT SOUNDS GOOD TOO CHI!
OR EVEN ADDING SOME CAPERS AND SLICED OLIVES!

MY HUBBY LOVES THAT KIND OF STUFF!!

YUM!!! Must have crispy bread and extra Parmesan Cheese 😋 

Honored Contributor

This sounds wonderful!! It's on my list to make.