Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I'm going to make this for dinner tonight to go with the peel and eat shrimp my husband's making. Thank you 😊 

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I'm going to make this for dinner tonight to go with the peel and eat shrimp my husband's making. Thank you 😊 

@Leggett28 - sounds like a great summer dinner 😍 would love your hubby's shrimp recipe!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Love tricolor pasta with cukecumbers, fresh red bell pepper diced, celery, black olives, cherry tomatoes and Ken's Zesty Italian salad dressing. I eyeball how much dressing, probably 1/2 a small bottle of dressing.

Honored Contributor

No matter what sort of dressing I use, I make sure to spread peeled. halved, seeded, and thinly-sliced cucumbers in a single layer on paper towels.  I refrigerate the slices for 20 minutes.  At the same time, I stir some red onions slices and vinegar in a bowl and marinate them for 20 minutes.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Here's the Peel and eat shrimp recipe.  And if you don't eat all of the shrimp they're really good cold 😊

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Sorry I forgot to send the reE4009494-183C-458B-8876-EA9CC85F7E2B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 - THANK YOU 🙏 

I'm drooling...😋😘 going to make the shrimp recipe and the cucumber salad next weekend. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There's a German restaurant we go to on occasion and I always get the Cucumber Salad, Jaegerschnitzel, and pan-fried potatoes.  Just picked my first cucmber of the season today too.  This recipe is a very close dupe.

Cucumber Salad

1/4 Cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt

2 Tbs Mayonnaise

2 Tbs Dill

1 1/2 tsp Vinegar

1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

1/4 tsp Sugar

Salt to taste

Creamy-Cucumber-Salad-e1497647179384.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Chi-town girl !

We live in Henderson, NV outside of Vegas and have a favorite salad we've adapted from Bella Vita Restaurant in Green Valley Ranch.  It's an Avocado Caprese Salad over dressed greens.  No specific recipe since I just go by how I viewed the plate but basically it's the following:

Take mixed greens (I like Arugula and Spring Mix) and dress with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Divide among chilled plates.

Slice a large tomato, one or more, into 1/2 inch slices and top dressed greens.

Place a slice of burrata/fresh mozzarella on each tomato slice.  (Belgioso has a great presliced fresh mozzarella in our deli section; one ounce slices).

Thinly slice a fresh avocado and top each mozzarella round with 2-3 slices of avocado.

Drizzle each salad with balsamic glaze (Kroger's Private Selection is a really good one).

This salad is light and refreshing.  Can also be filling depending on how many of the tomato, mozzarella and avocado stacks you have per serving.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

There's a German restaurant we go to on occasion and I always get the Cucumber Salad, Jaegerschnitzel, and pan-fried potatoes.  Just picked my first cucmber of the season today too.  This recipe is a very close dupe.

Cucumber Salad

1/4 Cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt

2 Tbs Mayonnaise

2 Tbs Dill

1 1/2 tsp Vinegar

1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

1/4 tsp Sugar

Salt to taste

Creamy-Cucumber-Salad-e1497647179384.jpg

Thank you for sharing @Icegoddess  now I'm craving Weiner schnitzel!