Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions, please, for my annual BTS tea party?

R U kidding? No good bread in California? I live here and can testify there are lots of artisian bakeries that make GREAT bread. Not in the valley maybe. Major cities on the coast. TONS of great bread. BTY: sourdough originated here. But there are lots of great places/bakeries making great bread.

IMHO: serving the same dish again is really a bore. Variety is what makes life interesting.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@house_cat I actually had a tea party last month. Some of the items I made have to be done the same day. However, I made a a bisquick zucchini bake (just google). I made it the day before, next day took it out of the frig to get to room temp and cut into small squares. It was a hit. I also made herb cream cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes.i made the filling day before and stuffed tomatoes next day. They also were really good. Tea partys are fun. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate

I grew up on Italian bread from bakeries in Brooklyn and Queens. In my opinion, nothing compares.  I'm glad you've found good bakeries in your area - I'm still looking.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper

I have a Bisquick zucchini quiche (one of their 'impossible pies') recipes that I've made for my friends many times. They love it.  I could cut it into squares and serve it in cupcake papers to make it a little prettier :-)

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat I like that idea. It will look so nice.  And it makes enough for a tea party and you can make it the night before. 👏👏👏

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

Tray of little sandwiches, various chips, various pickles. Simplify.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget about the vegetarians.

Honored Contributor

Here's my latest thought - I'll make a large Caesar salad and have grilled shrimp and grilled chicken for my guests to add as they prefer.  I have a wonderful recipe for pesto chicken, which I usually serve hot, but I could definitely make it ahead and slice it to serve room temp on the salad.

If the Caesar salad were my main luncheon dish, what might be a couple of good ideas for sides?  It's going to be hot here, so I'd prefer not to serve soup. I think the zucchini quiche would be a good choice, but I'd like a couple more.

Thank you all for the help... as much as I enjoy cooking and entertaining, I always second, third, fourth and fifth guess myself when it comes to the menu.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat, I think your menu is really shaping up, & sounds great!  Smiley Happy

Would you maybe like to serve some small roasted red potatoes, or a creamy orzo?

Muddling through...
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Small red twice baked potatoes stuffed with sour cream or creme fraiche & caviar!!!!! Yummmy!!!!!Smiley Happy

https://www.marthastewart.com/1156532/twice-cooked-potatoes-caviar