Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for hot green bean dish not using creamy sauce or sugar or butter?

[ Edited ]

Recently I have noticed a lot of hot green bean and tomato DISHES...(  sorry for the previous typo)..It must be the latest thing..Havent made any, but some looked pretty good! Check it out...

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for hot green bean dish not using creamy sauce or sugar or butter?

Hi Tam! I have to admit that I've never heard of a tomato fish.  Will have to look that up.

Honored Contributor

I found it!  Maybe?

Image result for tomato fish
Respected Contributor

We season green beans with chopped onions sauted in raw bacon pieces.  You don't have to use much bacon and if you use a slotted spoon, you don't get much fat.  Just enough to give the beans some flavor.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I found it!  Maybe?

Image result for tomato fish

LOL!!!!! TYPO. Alert ...Green bean Tomato DISH

Honored Contributor

I'm laughing so hard.  Ohhhhhh.    

I googled 'tomato fish'.  Being a diver and, although not an expert, knowing a fair amount about fish and other water wildlife, I was confused and so I figured I'd try to find one of these fish.

There were a bunch of recipes, but then i looked over to the right side of the screen and saw this pic (and others).    LMAO

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm laughing so hard.  Ohhhhhh.    

I googled 'tomato fish'.  Being a diver and, although not an expert, knowing a fair amount about fish and other water wildlife, I was confused and so I figured I'd try to find one of these fish.

There were a bunch of recipes, but then i looked over to the right side of the screen and saw this pic (and others).    LMAO

Beyond funny! Just goes to show, you CAN find anything on the internet!

Honored Contributor

Seriously - I am still laughing.

When you said something like 'this must be the latest thing' I thought, well this must be something really exotic.  I wonder where in the world these tomato fish are.   Maybe I want to go there.  Smiley Wink

Obviously, when I Googled it and saw that picture it hit me that it must be something else (don't know why 'dish' never came to mind. D'oh!) but it was so funny I had to go with it.  Smiley Happy

It's always a better day when we can laugh.  Heart

Honored Contributor

So glad I posted my request. You ladies never disappoint. Where else can you get some good suggestions, a few chuckles and comrade for all!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Green Bean Recipe!

Honored Contributor

I have discovered that cooking fresh green beans in the pressure cooker makes them so yummy good. Only takes 2 minutes and they come out tender and a beautiful green. I flavor them with garlic and dill and lemon juice. I was steaming them and just didn't like how fresh beans get that squeaky bite when you chew them. The p/c eliminates that. I'm doing them this year to add to a veggie platter. Unexpected and really good cold with dips.