Occasional Visitor

A few months ago one of the hosts posted an old family recipe called butterscotch cookies I think.  I thought the host was Jill but cant find it on her page.  Very simple sugar cookie made with butter and brown sugar and vanilla and I guess some flour.  refrigerate, roll into balls, drop on cookie sheet and flatten out.  I so much want to find this recipe.  It might even have been called maple cookie, although there is no maple flavoring in it, and there are no butterscotch chips either.  Please help me.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @womanpreacher I'm not sure which recipe that is but here is a link to the Host Recipe Page you may find it there http://qvc.co/HostRecipes

Honored Contributor

Re: Suger cookie recipe

[ Edited ]

Welcome to recipe forums. Found it. I think this is what you are looking for.

The recipe was posted by Jane Treacy.

This recipe has been handed down in my family for generations! The directions are simple but the cookies turn out great every time!

Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:

-I cup light brown sugar
-2 cups flour
-1 cup butter
-1 egg yolk
-About 1/2 cup pecan halves

Directions:

-Cream butter
-Add egg yolk
-Mix in sugar
-Gradually mix in flour (keep an eye on the dough sometimes I add a little less than 2 cups)
-Chill dough for 30 minutes
-Roll into balls
-Top with pecan half

-Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

cookieidp.jpg

http://gather.qvc.com/trending/?dbId=user_story%2C4685&ccid=672514

Super Contributor

Re: Suger cookie recipe

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

This recipe has been handed down in my family for generations! The directions are simple but the cookies turn out great every time!

Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:

-I cup light brown sugar
-2 cups flour
-1 cup butter
-1 egg yolk

Directions:

-Cream butter
-Add egg yolk
-Mix in sugar
-Gradually mix in flour (keep an eye on the dough sometimes I add a little less than 2 cups)
-Roll into balls
-Top with pecan half

cookieidp.jpg

Hi Nightowlz,

Thank you for posting this recipe, your timing could not have been better, since I happen to have a lonely little egg yolk leftover from another recipe.  I also wanted to add that you bake them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Thank you again and to womanpreacher for requesting it in the first place.

tkins

Honored Contributor

@tkins wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:

-I cup light brown sugar
-2 cups flour
-1 cup butter
-1 egg yolk

Directions:

-Cream butter
-Add egg yolk
-Mix in sugar
-Roll into balls
-Top with pecan half

cookieidp.jpg

Hi Nightowlz,

Thank you for posting this recipe, your timing could not have been better, since I happen to have a lonely little egg yolk leftover from another recipe.  I also wanted to add that you bake them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Thank you again and to womanpreacher for requesting it in the first place.

tkins

Glad I could find it for you. Thx for letting me know I left out the cooking time & temp. I edited my post to show that in case anyone else copies the recipe.

Honored Contributor

If you wanted the cookies to be suger cookies could you use white suger instead?