Respected Contributor

Fry the flounder and use the recipe another time.

Honored Contributor

Change of plans

Found a flounder recipe

Flounder

Butter 

Parmesan Cheese

Panko Bread Crumbs

And will go to grocery tomorrow and get shrimp from seafood counter. So I can use the zucchini and carrots I bought.

Honored Contributor

But then there is always Minestrone Soup for those veggies!  And it's gonna get cold!!!!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla  That is perfect.  Drizzle some freshly-squeezed lemon on top before serving.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Substitute in a recipe

[ Edited ]

I love seafood, but flounder doesn't sound good for a substitute in that recipe.  I would cut up large shrimp, use small canned shrimp, or even substitute cut up chicken.

You could also sub ham, pepperoni and cheese cut up.  This sounds like a pasta Salad I make.

Respected Contributor

Re: Substitute in a recipe

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla 

Flounder is a very delicate thin fish that only works when it's baked or lightly broiled with butter, lemon juice, seafood seasoning such as Old Bay......or  stuffed  between flounder filets with some sort of dressing and served with a sauce....or heavily breaded and fried.

In a dish of  pasta and vinagrette dressing,  a firmer type of protein such as shrimp, chicken or maybe  beef  would work MUCH better.

Cold flounder doesn't sound very appetizing, even though I love flounder and all mild fish.

Honored Contributor

Well, I finally made the original recipe with shrimp last night. Oh My, the recipe said it was for 4-6 servings. Not one drop is left and there is 3 of us.

It is so quick and easy to make. Here it is in case anyone wants to try it. 

Ingredients:
8 oz Linguine
1 cup Italian Vinaigrette dressing
1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsps chopped parsley
2 tsps grated lemon peel
1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)

Cooking Directions:1.  Prepare pasta according to package directions.

2.  In large skillet, over medium heat, heat dressing; add remaining ingredients except cooked linguine.

3.  Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink and vegetables are desired tenderness.

4.  Stir in cooked pasta; heat through. Serve immediately.