• 100% natural
  • 70% organic
  • no GMOs
  • no high fructose corn syrup
  • no hydrogenated oils
  • trans fat free
  • gluten free
  • no polysorbate 60

Just saw this for the first time last night at my local Super Walmart. My DH will not eat Cool Whip anymore either.

Super Contributor

Re: Substitute for Cool Whip

You can also use agar agar to stabilize whipped cream. Has been used for eons by bakers. It's what's used when you see piped decorations made from whipping cream. Also, lacto-ovo vegeterians like it because unlike unflavored gelatin, it's plant based.

New Contributor

Momtodogs and jojo12,

Doctors tell us not to eat foods that have partially hydrogenated fats in them. Cool Whip is 100% hydrogenated.

Honored Contributor

I even like the 79 cent ""store brand"" better.........and my grandpa was a Wisconsin dairyman. I can't even imagine what he would think of my ""taste"".................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Thanks for the alternative!

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Nightowlz said:

Has anyone tried TruWhip? http://www.truwhip.com/index.php

• 100% natural
  • 70% organic
  • no GMOs
  • no high fructose corn syrup
  • no hydrogenated oils
  • trans fat free
  • gluten free
  • no polysorbate 60

I have tried this and it's pretty good. I made a pumpkin cream pie with it. It needed to set up a little longer than it would have with Cool Whip, but the taste was very good. I'd buy it again. Check their web site for coupons, if you do decide to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

I know this stabilized whipped cream is for mixing into recipes, but if you just want topping, Reddi Whip, in the aerosol can, in the dairy case is real whipped cream, no hydrogenated oils.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

As rarely as I even make desserts I certainly will use Cool Whip if the recipe calls for it! I see nothing wrong in consuming it a few times a year. I've never heard the the backlash about Cool Whip until I found this forum! Sometimes the replies read here are over the top and comical. I make some great Cool Whip recipes and would never disregard a recipe that includes it.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2014 ID2 said:

As rarely as I even make desserts I certainly will use Cool Whip if the recipe calls for it! I see nothing wrong in consuming it a few times a year. I've never heard the the backlash about Cool Whip until I found this forum! Sometimes the replies read here are over the top and comical. I make some great Cool Whip recipes and would never disregard a recipe that includes it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I agree! In fact I tend to look for recipes using Cool Whip, my mom likes soft desserts such as cool whip salad/dessert type dishes. This is crazy & I never heard of it!!