Respected Contributor
I will try it- but I am curious about the Tillamook cheese.....sometimes you read recipes and you make a substitution- and it works.....but then you get your hands on what the cook book writer suggested and it goes from ""delicious"" to ""Wow""!!!. Poodlepet
Trusted Contributor

Poodlepet,

I just wanted to make sure I was not misunderstood. The Tillamook was not in the original recipe from George Stella. He listed sharp cheddar, no particular brand.

Hope you like it!

Honored Contributor

Bumping up for Mustang (and anyone else who might have missed it!)

This really is delicious and has just edged out Dangum Smoked Mac & Cheese for my families first request of side dishes!

Super Contributor
On 11/14/2014 shamalamadingdong4 said: The Mac & Cheese looks appetizing. The hairy tattooed guy, not so much.

I was thinking the same thing! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2015 1978christian said:
On 11/14/2014 shamalamadingdong4 said: The Mac & Cheese looks appetizing. The hairy tattooed guy, not so much.

I was thinking the same thing! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

LOL...I was so busy drooling over the big ole pot of mac & cheese, I never even noticed him before!

Honored Contributor

Can you choke on that?

Trusted Contributor

Missy, when I am eating something with melted, stringy cheese in it like that, I just make sure that I cut it up into smaller pieces, so that there is less of a chance of choking on it. That seems to work out alright, for me.

Honored Contributor
On 11/14/2014 RespectLife said:

Good Gracious! Now THAT is MY type of Mac & Cheese! The gooier the better! Thanks!

I just might try this for Christmas dinner to go w/ the ham!!

My fav recipe is from the Dangum Masterbilt Smoker Guy.

It is fantastic right out of the pan...you don't need to bake it or smoke it if you don't want to. His recipe def. can be baked or served immediately if you don't have a smoker.

ITA with the Dadgum Mac n' Cheese recipe. Can you say YUM!!! Love it. It makes a really large batch.

Respected Contributor

Oh my! That sounds so good!

Honored Contributor
On 11/18/2014 Poodlepet2 said: I will try it- but I am curious about the Tillamook cheese.....sometimes you read recipes and you make a substitution- and it works.....but then you get your hands on what the cook book writer suggested and it goes from ""delicious"" to ""Wow""!!!. Poodlepet

Tillamook cheese is good. I have bought these huge 2 lb. blocks at Sam's or Wal-Mart. I like the Sargento brand sliced & shredded cheese.