Frequent Contributor

Re: Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

Thanks, LoLa! I'll let you know when I make it.

Honored Contributor

I made this yesterday and it was very good. I shared a couple slices with a neighbor and I am taking the rest to a volunteer group tomorrow(I don't need to eat all of this!!). Thanks for the recipe.

Trusted Contributor

I just made the second one of these within a week! Taking it to my brother's tomorrow for Easter weekend. It's that good.

Super Contributor

LoLa as soon as I saw your name by the recipe I just had to open it and was thinking to myself "please don't let their be a picture", lol. Well I opened it and I can tell you it took all my self control not to lick the computer screen, lol. Once again my dear you got me!!!

This cake looks divine and I will be making it this week-end. Thanks again for your recipe and the picture!!!

Best Wishes

Vicki{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Can this cake be frozen?
*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Well, I guess I'm the odd man (woman) out....I made the cake and even cooked it longer than suggested in the recipe. My cake was done to the toothpick test but the inside of the cake was to moist....almost wet. Sorry, not saving this recipe as one of my fav's.

Valued Contributor

DiAnne... That's great! I'm really happy that you enjoyed it. Plus, sharing is caring!

Sammijo... WoW! I'm impressed. However, I'm right there with you because I have one in the oven right now that I'm serving for Easter. Thanks again for letting me know!

Vicki.... LoL You are so funny! Trust me, it takes every ounce of self control I have not to lick the screen with some of the yummy recipes that everyone posts. You are so very welcome. Thanks also for your kind words. It's greatly appreciated!

Stargazer... To be honest, it hasn't lasted that long in my house to even consider that option...lol I don't see why you couldn't as long as it was packaged properly. If you do, please let me know.

Sarahpanda... Aw, I'm really sorry that you didn't like it. I guess it's not for everyone. Thanks for trying it though.

Super Contributor

LoLa, just wanted to thank you for the recipe. It was a hit with the family! I enjoyed it. Very moist and easy to make. I baked it for an extra 5 minutes, only because I know how my oven works and it was perfect. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 sarahpanda said:

Well, I guess I'm the odd man (woman) out....I made the cake and even cooked it longer than suggested in the recipe. My cake was done to the toothpick test but the inside of the cake was to moist....almost wet. Sorry, not saving this recipe as one of my fav's.

I was so excited about making this cake as my new dessert this Easter. It was a lot of work. The batter was delicious so I had high hopes. It came out of the pan beautifully. I swear I rushed through dinner just to try the cake. Well, it was a major disappointment. We really didn't think it had much flavor. I've never baked with strawberries and they gave the cake little flavor. I think a strawberry glaze would have been better than the lemon one. I served fresh strawberries and whipped cream on the sides and they were a bigger hit than the cake.

Trusted Contributor

My family liked it. I thought it was just ok, but I'm not a big dessert person. My grandma really liked it and she's the reason I made it.
*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*