Respected Contributor

Re: Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

Yum, can't wait to try it!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

hiya topaz gem! I hope you'll love it.

lola

Regular Contributor

LoLa, this recipe is terrific. I have used a cake mix recipe for strawberry cake for over 35 years. However, with the change to 15.5 oz. Cake mix, my recipe lacked the pizzaz it had and the results were always disappointing. What a PERFECT from scratch replacement recipe. The color is prettier and softer than my pink hued cake, and the fresh strawberries look so much better than the frozen ones I used also. I will make your recipe over the weekend, and have forwarded to our daughters and daughter-in- law already. Thank you for sharing your find. cece
Regular Contributor

I can hardly wait to make this. It is on the agenda for this weekend, will be part of Sunday dinner!

Valued Contributor

cece.... You're very welcome. It's really good. I hope that you and your sweet family love it. I know what you mean with the changing size of the boxes and the sense that something was 'missing'. Please let me know what you think.

molisa... Yay! I hope that you all love it.

Enjoy your Saturday,

LoLa

Trusted Contributor

Lola, I'm a new poster to the recipe board, but this beautiful recipe caught my eye. I'm going to an adult birthday celebration this evening and just took this out of the oven and it looks fabulous. The batter goes together quickly and may I say when licking the spatula, the flavor is to die for! Even DH (who gets all the bowls to clean out!) said it was a very yummy batter - and this from a man who who only has use for chocolate cake. The lemon is subtle but still there and just enough. I can't wait to taste this!

I have a dwarf Meyer lemon tree that has just given me several beautiful specimens which were used for this cake.

I have a feeling this recipe will be used again and again! Thank you so much for sharing.

Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:
On 4/10/2014 CLEM said:

That sounds like a wonderful cake. I would also love to try these as cup cakes, but for how long would I need to bake them? I am sure it would be less time then the cake.

Cupcakes usually take between 18-22 minutes; set your timer for 18 minutes, then test them until they're done.

Thanks, I have never made cup cakes.

Valued Contributor

Hi Sammijo! You are so very welcome. It's great nice to meet you. I'm so happy that you're making this cake. I think it's just delicious. My husband has designated 'bowl licking' duty too (if the kids don't beat him to it!)LoL

I'm soooo jealous of your Meyer lemon tree. How wonderful that must be to have around. I hope that this cake turned out lovely for you and your friends and that it becomes a favorite as it has my family. Thanks, again for letting me know.

Hi CLEM! Hope those cupcakes turn out divine!

Have a great Sunday,

LoLa

Respected Contributor

I baked this yesterday. It's as good as you said it was. Thank you for the recipe!!!

Respected Contributor

This is SO getting baked!!! Thanx for sharing this,and so many other awesome recipes!!