Valued Contributor

Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

Strawberry Sour Cream Cake
(recipe source: Iheartnaptime.com)

This cake is truly heavenly. I picked up some extra strawberries on sale at the market this week and went stumbling for a new recipe. This is what I found. It's light, moist and super yummy. I made it yesterday and um... it's um.... almost gone! LoL

1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
3 Eggs
4 Tbs lemon juice, divided
zest of 1 lemon
2 1/2 C flour, divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 C fresh strawberries, diced
1 C powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees - Grease and flour a 10 inch tube (Bundt) pan.

Stir together 2 1/4 C flour, baking soda, salt. Add in lemon zest and set aside. With a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2 Tbsp lemon juice.Alternate mixing the flour mixture and the sour cream until all is incorporated.

Mix strawberries in remaining 1/4 C of flour. Gently fold into the batter. Pour into bundt pan and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Mix together powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice to make glaze. Drizzle over top of cake.

Honored Contributor

Re: Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

yum.....got it pinned right away!

i can see using this recipe with ANY berry.....blueberry and raspberry in particular!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hiya sunshine! I couldn't agree more. It would be super yummy with all those berries!

Respected Contributor

That looks wonderful, thanks! I think I'll try it as cupcakes... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

Hi FHG! Oooooo! That sounds like a great idea. I love the idea of personal sized and 'to-go'.

Respected Contributor

LoLa - I also have "floral" bake pans - think of making these with a pink glaze, and maybe some pink sanding sugar for a little sparkle....

Product Details

Valued Contributor

On 4/10/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

LoLa - I also have "floral" bake pans - think of making these with a pink glaze, and maybe some pink sanding sugar for a little sparkle....

Product Details

{#emotions_dlg.scared} I. Want. That! LoL
That is just darling!! Perfect for spring!

Respected Contributor

Got me again Lola, wonderful, will do this as soon as I get me some strawberries, & FGH those tins are great where did you get them? Keep 'em coming ladies Thanx

Super Contributor

Sounds DELISH! And maybe even w/ raspberries?!

TYVM!

Honored Contributor

You do not think this batter is too heavy for cupcakes? I find slow baked at a lower temperature bundt cakes, do not do well as cupcakes.