Honored Contributor

Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 🍓🍌

[ Edited ]

I'm working on my Labor Day beach & picnic menus.

The Red, White, Blue layered jello desert that I made for July 4th gatherings was a big hit and I will make it again (recipe is posted in this forum)

I'm also going to make the strawberry pretzel crust recipe 

This cheesecake salad recipe looks yummy & easy. There is a version for Strawberry Banana and a Blueberry one. I suppose you can just use whatever fruit/mix you want using the recipe guideline for proportion

27E8B506-FF82-4242-8932-3B41AF594920.jpeg

Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad is a light, fluffy and creamy dessert salad with a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling, loads of fresh strawberries, bananas, and billowing whipped cream. Made in 10 minutes, it's a simple yet luscious summer dessert recipe guaranteed to make your family happy.

Servings 12

Ingredients

• 4 oz. cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • ½ teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup strawberries washed, hulled and chopped
  • 1 cup bananas chopped
  • 8 oz whipped topping

What Makes This Recipe Special

• Strawberries and bananas – One of the best flavor combos ever, strawberry banana cheesecake salad is a luscious, decadent dessert with just-picked fresh fruit flavor.
  • Quick & easy – How does 10 minutes or less sound?
  • Perfect for summer – Cool, creamy and refreshingly light.
  • No bake – No need to turn on the oven or stove for this simple dessert. Just make room in the fridge!
  • Strawberries – Use fresh strawberries only. Frozen berries are too watery and smushy for this recipe.
  • Bananas – You’ll want tender bananas but not overly ripe bananas. They need to hold up and not turn to “smoosh” when folded into the filling.
  • Cream cheese – I always use Philadelphia Brand and never the light or fat-free versions. Cream cheese is one of those things you don’t mess around with. Use only the best.
  • Sour cream – Store brand sour cream is absolutely fine, but stay away from the light version.
  • Whipped topping – Make sure it’s thawed (takes 4 hours in the fridge). You can make homemade whipped cream if you’d like, but an 8 ounce tub of whipped topping makes things easier!
  • Powdered sugar – Sift this beforehand. 

Step-by-Step Directions

Step 1 – Place the softened cream cheese, sifted powdered sugar, lemon juice and sour cream to an electric mixer.

Step 2 – Cream the mixture until very smooth.

Step 3 – Add chopped strawberries and bananas to the cream cheese mixture

Step 4 – Gently fold the fruit in

Step 5 – Scoop prepared whipped topping into the bowl.

Step 6 – Lightly fold whipped cream into the strawberry banana cheesecake salad mixture

That’s it – super easy! Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dessert fluff in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.

Just before serving, add a few banana and strawberry slices on top for a garnish or you can add the fruit garnishes to individual serving bowls.

Helpful Tips

• Immediately after cutting the bananas, toss them in lemon juice to help prevent them from turning brown.
  • Use fresh (not frozen) strawberries.
  • This no bake cheesecake fruit salad is best served the same day.
  • A strawberry huller makes short work of removing the leafy green tops. I love mine!
  • Use the chopped fruit to measure out the one cup amount, not whole strawberries or banana slices. It takes approximately 1½ bananas to yield a full cup of chopped fruit.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Re: Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 🍓🍌

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Let us know if you make it and how it turns out.

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

I don't see the amounts of ingredients, anywhere.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for tips and Method... but there are no quantities or  measurements for the ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

@YouGoGirl1 @LizzieInSRQ - Argggh! Sorry about the missing details

Revising the OP/recipe now

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Looks yummy thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for fixing it... Now I can Make it.

Honored Contributor

@YouGoGirl1 wrote:

Thanks for fixing it... Now I can Make it.

@YouGoGirl1  - you're welcome! I won't be making it for a couple of weeks, so let me know your experience - hope it's yummy 😋 

Valued Contributor

I make one that close to this recipe, but it uses strawberries and bluberries no bananas.