Honored Contributor

I love stir fry, but  when I make it I'm surrounded by bottles and  I kind of wing it. I found this recipe on The Blue Jean Chef site and  you can make it ahead and store it in a jar in the fridge.  The best part was I have all of the ingredients.

1/2 cup chicken or veg. Stock

1 Tbs. cornstarch 

1 clove of garlic minced or grated

1" of ginger grated

1/4 cup oyster sauce

2 Tbs. soy sauce ( I use lower sodium )

1 Tbs honey

1 teasp rice wine vinegar

1 teasp. sesame oil 

1/4 teasp. dried chili flake

Shake it up and use when ready.  I add Siracha , because we like more heat. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Stir Fry Sauce

[ Edited ]

I love soy sauce.  I make similar soy cause with chicken and vegetables my daughter used to cook at home before she married.

In fact, I order the grilled chicken from Red Robin.  I take off the bun and set side the tomato and lettuce and eat it single.

I cut up the chicken and dip it into the tiny bowl of soy sauce I requested.  They use it when they make Hawaiian chicken.

I know soy sauce has a lot of salt in it.  At home I also use the kind with less sodium.

Your recipe sounds good.  Thanks for posting.  Mine uses some similar items.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 That sounds good! I have been making a lot of Asian food lately.

I need to make this & put it in the fridge.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Sounds tasty and handy.

Respected Contributor

I have a steak stir recipe that my family loves.  The stir fry sauce is very easy.  

2 tablespoons cornstarch 

1/3 low sodium soy sauce.

1 cup beef broth

mix together cornstarch and soy sauce.  Warm up beef broth, add to cornstarch/soy sauce mixture and stir.  

I add to my stir fry when recipe calls for it and then bring to boil and then simmer for a minute or two.  Can easily be changed out using chicken broth.