Valued Contributor

Spicy Sweet & Salty Pretzels (Recipe)

My daughter gave me this recipe a couple of days ago. She said it is REALLY good. She also told me that even though it has Cayenne pepper in it, it isn't real hot. (She doesn't like HOT food!) I haven't made these yet, but when I do I will reply with my opinion! She loves cooking and good food, so I trust her opinion on this recipe!!

I thought I'd share before trying it myself, since the New Year is just around the corner - or even just the week end! So easy and sounds yummy - spicy/salty/sweet combo...mmmm.. Smiley Wink

The person who gave her the recipe added some comments, so I am including those, also.

Julie's Spicy Sweet & Salty Pretzels

5 Cups Pretzels (small twisted or waffle shapes are best size)

4 TbspButter

4 TbspDark Brown Sugar

¼ tspCayenne Powder

2 TbspWater

Aluminum foil

Waxed paper

Pour pretzels into large bowl. Bring butter, sugar, cayenne powder, and water to a boil. Boil for 30 sec. max. Pour mixture over pretzels. Mix/stir pretzels until all are coated. Spread pretzels on aluminum foil covered baking sheets.

Bake at 300 for 20 minutes. Remove and spread pretzels on wax paper to cool. Cool and ready to eat in about 5 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After you are satisfied with a few batches, you can begin to experiment.

Example: I have found that a 16oz. bag of pretzels is about 12 cups of pretzels-so this worked well for me:

one 16-oz bag of pretzels

1 cube of butter

1 cup of brown sugar

1/3 of cup of water

I play with the amount of cayenne powder.

Also, a package of ranch dressing, olive oil, garlic, little parmesan make a nice mixture too.