Valued Contributor

/><br/> <br/> <span style=Pan Seared Salmon Fillet w Apricot Jalapeno Butter Sauce
(recipe source: keviniscooking.com

My family is definitely eating more fish these days and I'm constantly on the look out for new and fresh ideas. This was probably one of the best salmon dishes that I've ever made. The sauce makes this dish. I'm kinda tempted to try this with an orange marmalade and fresh jalapeno as well just to mix it up. But, it's so great as is. Ps.. I doubled the recipe :-)

2 salmon fillets, skin removed
kosher salt
kitchen twine
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
4 tbsp apricot fruit preserves
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
kosher salt and pepper
1 tbsp minced chives

Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Roll up tight, wrap with kitchen twine and secure with knot. Trim off the string ends.

Heat a large frying pan or cast iron skillet with olive oil over high heat. When hot, add the salmon steaks, cook for 2 minutes. Carefully look for a nice crust to build up on bottom and turn the salmon over. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Turn heat to medium-low, and cover pan loosely with aluminum foil. Depending on thickness of salmon, cook for 5 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. Mine were 2 1/2 inches thick and I cooked them covered for 6 minutes total. Remove salmon to plate and make the sauce.

In the same pan over medium-low heat, add the butter, jalapeños, apricot fruit preserves, balsamic vinegar and fresh cracked black pepper. Cook until bubbly and butter is melted, about 30 seconds. Season with salt to taste if needed and pour on top of each salmon fillet.

Using scissors, snip the string and pull off each filet. Serve immediately.

Valued Contributor

Thanks. Next time salmon is on sale I'm making this!

Valued Contributor

Hi 2cockers1cat! You're welcome. That's great, enjoy!

Contributor

Looks AMAZING!

Valued Contributor

wow...yummy yummy for the tummy.

Valued Contributor

Hi Svli.... It really is yummy!

Hi IControlMyHappiness.... Yes, indeed!

Happy Wednesday,

Honored Contributor

It all looks good except for the jalapeños; I'd leave them out.

Honored Contributor
I like to Bbq salmon with a brown sugar rub and a little soy sauce and lemon juice.I lay skin side on heat and let cook three min...then slide a flipper between skin and salmon flesh and flip onto grill to finish cooking.i usually do this side for two min and then flip again for about one min.i use filets not steaks.
Valued Contributor
Hi Valu.. I'm sure it would be great even without the jalapeños. Hi dex... Your recipe sounds really good too!