Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Spicy Siracha Cauliflower - amazing combination and it

Spicy Siracha Cauliflower
(recipe source: innocentdelight.com)

I have been on a MAJOR cauliflower kick lately. I'm trying any recipe that appeals to me. This one has become one of my favorites. Do you have 5 minutes? It's a quick and easy side dish or main dish alone or with the addition of chicken.

1 head of cauliflower
2 tablespoon of ghee or butter
2 gloves of garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 whole lime, juiced
2 whole green onions, sliced
1 tablespoon of siracha (or more if you want it spicier)

Break the cauliflower into small florets
Heat up ghee or butter
Add cauliflower and cook so it can get browned around for 3-5 minutes
Lower the heat, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute
Add soy sauce, lime juice and half of the green onions
Stir and cook for another minute
Add hot sauce and stir it until incorporated
Serve immediately and sprinkle the remaining of the green onions

Honored Contributor

Re: Spicy Siracha Cauliflower

This looks great! We all like cauliflower too. I do a lot of work on the main course then the veggies are always an afterthought. I usually microwave ""steamed"" vegetable combos. This would be so much better - and I'm all for 5 minutes. Thanks for posting and I'll let you know when I try it!

Valued Contributor

Hi beach-mom! You're so welcome. Yeah, I get in that rut as well. I'm always on the look out for something different. I hope that you and your family enjoy it.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

Thanks, I will have to try this, looks and sounds good

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Lola! I just finished breaking up a head of cauliflower and was going to roast it, but this sounds delicious, and I have all the ingredients, so I am going to make it! I love Siracha!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Respected Contributor

This sounds really good, love cauliflower, but what is Siracha, never heard of it before.

Respected Contributor

Mmmmm .. yummy! I KNOW that's good. I'm gonna make it! Thanks!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2015 luvpoos said:

This sounds really good, love cauliflower, but what is Siracha, never heard of it before.

Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recipe. can't wait to try it.

I love Shiracha. I have recently been using a Sriracha sauce for wings. It is so good that my grandkids want to drink it. It's not hot at all, but flavorful and different.

My sauce recipe sounds very much like yours.

I bake my wings for about 30 minutes than baste with this sauce and broil about 2-3 minutes being careful not to burn the wings.

Honey-Spiracha Sauce for wings

5 Tab butter

1 Tab flour or cornstarch

1/3 cup honey

1/4 cup sriracha sauce

1 Tab soy sauce

2 Tab lime juice

Melt butter in a sauce pan, whisk in flour (or cornstarch) and brown for about 1 minute. Stir in the honey, sriracha sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until slightly thickened about 1-2 munutes.

Optional: If you want hot, sprinkle red chili pepper flakes before broiling, If you like, cilantro and sesame seeds can also be added before broiling.

I haven't tried this sauce on ribs, but I think it would work.

Valued Contributor

I did make this tonight, and it was really good! I love cauliflower and this takes it to another level. Hubby liked it, too.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}