Trusted Contributor

Re: Spiced Yogurt Pound Cake.... so delicious!

bluegrassbaby,

You are so welcome!

Pumpkin yogurt, yum! I am anxious to hear how this turns out.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, Bluegrassbaby, I have done the same thing!

Contributor

I made this cake also. Very, very good. Such wonderful fall flavor. Made me think of thanksgiving. Did not have plain so used vanilla yogurt. Wonderul!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Mema,

How nice to read your post! Happy you liked the cake! It sounds like a delicious idea to use vanilla yogurt.

Honored Contributor

Hi - I made this tonight for an event we were all asked to bring desserts to. It was SO delicious! I made it exactly as you first posted, including buying the plain (non-Greek) yogurt! Thank you so much for posting the recipe. I wanted something "fall -ish" and different from the usual desserts. This was it! Smile

Trusted Contributor

Hi, beach-mom,

Thanks so much for your reply! I am so glad to hear that you thought the cake was so delicious and that it turned out so well for you!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have to thank the Oceantown once again for posting such a wonderful recipe. I have made this cake four (4) times often varying the ingredients to make variety of flavors. For my most recent version, I added lemon zest, vanila yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon extract to the mix. And, I omitted the spices. I also made a lemon glaze for the top of the cake. It was fantastic. The texture of this cake just can't be beat. Thank you, again.

Trusted Contributor

Msgdfx,

Thank you so much for your sweet post. I am so glad to hear you are enjoying this so much!

I had a day recently where I was expecting family to visit us from out of town. I thought it would be perfect to make this cake for an afternoon treat. They loved it! I served it with a dollop of whipping cream on top of each piece. A cup of hot coffee and this cake, who can resist? They all commented on how much they liked the cake. And, I will say, a couple of these people are not known for giving compliments very often, if you know what I mean, lol.

I am so glad you shared your tips. I think your version sounds delicious. Lemon zest, yum, and then the glaze. Sounds wonderful.

Thanks again for your post.

Frequent Contributor

I just want to let the OP know that this has become my go-to recipe for a flavorful, moist cake. I have made this recipe umpteen times since it was originally posted often varying the flavors. This recipe has never let me down. Thanks, again.