Trusted Contributor

Re: Spiced Yogurt Pound Cake.... so delicious!

Thanks for all the nice replies! You are all so welcome.

I think what makes this so delicious is the butter, yogurt, and of course the spices. When we were served this it was very casual and we ate the cake slice as a slice of bread without using a fork, lol.

I think this would be delicious with a dollop of freshly whipped cream too for a little fancier presentation.

Regular Contributor

I am going to make this today! I will use apple pie spice, 2 tsp. as that is what I have.

Will share with my daughter and her family, otherwise I might eat {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} the whole cake myself. Love spice cake.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, My Thoughts!

I was wondering if you should use more of the apple pie spice? The recipe calls for 2 3/4 teaspoons of spices, so I was comparing the amount with the 2 tsp you were thinking of using. I don't know for sure, but just thought I would mention that.

I sure hope you love the cake!

Regular Contributor

Hi, oceantown,

Thank you, 3 tsps. apple pie spice does sound better.

Smile

Frequent Contributor

Ocean...I did make this cake over the weekend...used greek yogert...I have to say this cake was just wonderful....everyone that had a piece just raved about it...thanks for sharing...Tess

Frequent Contributor

Can I leave out the spices to make a plain yogurt pound cake? Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Tesspoodle,

I am so happy to hear the cake turned out and that everyone raved about it! Did you make it in a 9x13 or bundt or something else? I know when I had this at my daughter's house I really had to stop myself from having a 2nd piece. Others did have 2nds!

I am so glad to hear the Greek yogurt worked well. That is what I will use when I make this cake. I always have Greek Plain yogurt on hand.

Thanks so much for the post, Tess, I appreciate it!

Hi, iQue,

Leaving out the spices is an interesting thought. I think if I did not want the spice taste I would add more vanilla extract. I love vanilla. I think that I would increase the vanilla extract from 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon good quality vanilla extract. This is just a suggestion, I don't know how this would taste, but I bet it would be yummy! (Or, maybe just 2 teaspoons vanilla.)

Edited to add:

OK, I found a recipe I made years ago, very similar to this one without the spices. It called for 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract. So, if I was leaving out the spices, I would go with 1 Tablespoon good quality vanilla.

Super Contributor

Made this cake and brought it to the office today.

DEVOURED in minutes.

Frequent Contributor

Ocean..I made the cake in my old bunt pan...bet I have had that pan from the 70's..ooops ..guess I am dating myself...if I am correct the 70's was when those pans came out??anyway mine has really been used...actually I have two an orange one and a harvest gold one...I have this cake in the oven as I write this....so very good...again thanks for sharing all of your wonderful recipes.....Tess

Trusted Contributor

LDOlvr,

Thanks so much for your post! So glad they liked it!