Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of cream cheese....

I wonder if Mascarpone would be a suitable substitute.

Sorry about the bolding.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee and @tansy - I would bet it's the first three letters that get the word deleted, not the mention of the brand name; people mention brands all the time. Nanny filters are SO helpful...  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy - Yes, mascarpone is an excellent suggestion! I can't believe I didn't think to recommend it; the texture is similar and it's much milder than cream cheese. I know lots of people who prefer it to cream cheese, especially in desserts, even when they really like both products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc 

Don't know.  I posted the full brand company name and this is how it was edited by mods.  ***e.  Mods left the e.  Decided to delete it.  

Yes, it was surprising.  

@loriqvc wrote:

@Foxxee and @tansy - I would bet it's the first three letters that get the word deleted, not the mention of the brand name; people mention brands all the time. Nanny filters are SO helpful...  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee - If the "e" was left as is, it was definitely that initial three-letter combination, which also happens to be a slur, that caused the deletion.

To test this theory:

Yoplait

Activia

Gogurt

******e

Dannon

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee , is that 

F

A

G

E

brand yogurt?

Respected Contributor

I don't like cream cheese either, but put it in a cheese cake and I'm in love!!!

Respected Contributor

@tansy   I've used cream cheese instead of mascarpone because it's less expensive and my tiramisu was delicious.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Foxxee - If the "e" was left as is, it was definitely that initial three-letter combination, which also happens to be a slur, that caused the deletion.

To test this theory:

Yoplait

Activia

Gogurt

******e

Dannon

@loriqvc 

I see what you're saying, but how many words would be deleted because a sequence of letters spell an offensive word?  Are they using some sort of algorithm that detects such things?  A mod reading would know the name of a very popular product is not a slur.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Foxxee , is that 

F

A

G

E

brand yogurt?

@x Hedge 

Yes, Lol