Respected Contributor

Speaking of Jello...

[ Edited ]

I was a guest on Easter Sunday at a home where two types of fruited Jello salads were served..We had a huge brunch earlier, and were on our way to the airport, so Jello really hit the spot..

One had peaches (might have been apricots) and was topped with ether canned lemon pie filling or lemon curd..

Ay ideas? i would love to re-create this one..It was as good as a dessert!

Honored Contributor

Oooh, it sounds yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, my.  I make jello every four days for my husband.  He loves it.  The reason it is 4 days, is because I use two small packages which go in four pyrex fruit cups.  I use canned or fresh fruit, layered in the bottom of the glass "fruit cup".  We have a special fridge shelf dedicated to the "jello".

(I actually use "Royal" brand)

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker  Any idea what flavor of Jello was used with the Peaches?  Shouldn't be too hard to recreate.  I've always enjoyed fancy Jello creations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Speaking of Jello...

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker I am looking as this sounds very familiar, I have sooooo many cookbooks though it might be a long shot but I will do my best.

EDIT:  I have looked through most of my cookbooks and I just cannot pin it down, I tried with apricots and peaches, nothing, sorry!

Trusted Contributor

@Mothertrucker

I know this isn't what you were looking for, but it's the closest I've been able to find by any combination of online searches I could think of.  (I forgot to copy which web site it was on before I closed the window.)  Maybe at least it will inspire your experimenting.

Orange Lemon Jello Salad

added by Barb Janisse

I had this jello salad at my sister-in-laws house and had to have the recipe. We have been making this for Thanksgiving for quite a few years now and everyone loves it. It is so colorful, juicy and delicious! Try it and I know you'll love it too!

Prep time: 45 Min  Serves: 8-10

Ingredients

1 large orange jello
1 3/4 c boiling water
2 c crushed pineapple, not drained
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 c orange juice
TOPPING:
1 small lemon pudding, cook and serve type, not instant
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 c sugar
1 3/4 c cold water
1 c sour cream

Directions

1. Dissolve orange jello with boiling water.
2. Add the crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges and orange juice. Stir.
3. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Refrigerate until set.
4. Mix lemon pudding, eggs and sugar together with 1/2 cup of the cold water in a saucepan. Blend well. Add remaining 1 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat until thick.
5. Cool and then add sour cream. Spread over the jello and chill. Can be made 1-2 days before needed.
Esteemed Contributor

@Honeybit I have made this before, it was a thumbs up from everyone who attended the Get Together I served it at!

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all of you! Sorry I am just getting back here and seeing this.. The pineapple one sounds really good! .. and I don't remember much about the peach one except the the peaches were sliced canned type, and the  lemon was  in dollops on top...

you guys are great! 

Super Contributor

Hi Sweetbay, I'm curious why you use Royal jello.  Is it better than Jello brand, or is it a regional thing?  I don't recall seeing Royal brand in the stores, but it sounds familiar.