Honored Contributor

Re: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

@alicedee wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ciao_bella  Thanks for the recipe.  This is hers.  

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded

2 teaspoons packaged taco seasoning

1 can of Rotel

1 can of green chiles, drained

1 can cream of chicken soup, divided

1 1/2 cups sour cream

1 cup whole milk

12 ounces Mexican Cheese, divided

1 package tortillas, taco/fajita size 10 count

Scallions for garnish, optional  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 13 x 9 pan.

In a large bowl, shred chicken. Add can of Rotel, 1/2 can cream of chicken soup, drained green chiles and combine.

In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk together.  Place 3-4 Tablespoons of chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Add a couple tablespoons of cheese. Roll and place seam side down in your pan. Continue until 10 enchiladas are made. Pour sour cream sauce over the enchiladas. Top with cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with your favorite side dishes, we had rice and refried beans. Enjoy!

This is the recipe I use, also..,.want to say it came from Taste of Home, but not positive.  I made this last week....I use 8 big tortillas and make larger ones!   I don't use rotisserie chicken....i cook and shred two large chicken breasts.

@alicedee @How do you cook the breasts?

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  I use either the crock pot or instant pot to cook the breasts.

If I use the crock pot....a couple tablespoons of water, and cook on high about 3 hours.  Then they shred very easily.

I've used the instant pot ever since I bought it.  I mix a cup of water with a half teaspoon of better than bouillon chicken flavor, pour in bottom, then add the little trivet and set the breasts on it.  I pressure cook for about 30 minutes...check to see if they are done.  Depending on thickness they may need another 10-15 minutes.  Those are always very "shreddable", too.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella   Delicious!  Thank you for sharing.  I made it with chicken, but I am also going to try it with beef next time.  I’m sure I will make this often.  It was great.  

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61  So happy you enjoyed it!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella  I made your recipe for the sour cream chicken enchiladas and they are delicious!   Since there is just two of us here I divided the recipe into two pans and froze one for a future dinner.  Thanks for posting your recipe. 😀

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@ciao_bella  I made your recipe for the sour cream chicken enchiladas and they are delicious!   Since there is just two of us here I divided the recipe into two pans and froze one for a future dinner.  Thanks for posting your recipe. 😀

You're very welcome!  So glad you enjoyed them. 

Valued Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Since the weather here in NJ was miserable yesterday, I decided to try a new recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.   My family and I enjoyed them.  20200710_161533.jpg

Made these yesterday and they were delicious!  Even my sister who doesn't like Mexican food thought they were good.  If my Sis and her husband were not here I would have added the whole can of green chilies but they have sensitive stomach's so I just did a half of can and then put more on top of my serving.  I used corn tortilla's but will try flour next time. Thank you so much for the recipe.  Will definitely be making again! 

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

finally and I mean finally -

leave it to me to try the recipe for the first time months later and just went for it

I doubled the recipe

Made a dinner for my DB and SIL and one for me

I'm thinking I wanted to freeze some of and just 8 will not do

I made it with beef along with spanish rice on the side

it was delish - I turned on the broiler to crisp up the top the last few minutes

I want to thank you bc I always appreciate all that post their recipes

it is a bit late - but I knew I wanted to make it one day and that day arrived

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed the recipe!  The good thing about this recipe is that you can change out the protein in it and also use any leftovers you may have on hand.   

Thank you for taking the time to post and let me know how much you enjoyed it...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

There is a good recipe if you look up Campbell's Chicken Enchiladas.