Valued Contributor

My eggs are sitting at room temp right now in order to fix your recipe tonight. I am excited about your comment "moist." Normally, I do Pioneer Woman's skillet one, but I want to give yours a try. 

@YouGoGirl1 wrote:

Short Cut Cornbread

2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix

3 eggs room temp.

1 stick melted butter cooled slightly

1-1/4 cups buttermilk ( or make your own )

Do Not follow jiffy box directions!

I use a10- inch cast iron skillet

Use a whisk to get the lumps out of cornbread mix

Preheat oven to 350. Use a basting brush to brush some butter on sides and bottom of skillet.  Mix ingredients together pour into pan. Bake for 40-45 min. If oven cooks faster check at 30 min.

Cornbread is moist Best Ever! *

If you like a sweeter cornbread add some sugar

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Here in the deep south of GA, if we don't need a full cast iron pan full of cornbread, I buy a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and make corn muffins.

No shame, they're lightly sweet and a whole lot less work, stir in 1 egg and a little milk.

Perfect for a few people with soup, chili, etc.

@KingstonsMom You know we've fallen in love with those Jiffy mixes during the unfortunate incarcertion of late.  If you go to the website that have a great assortment box for a good price and a lot more items than we have in stores here!  

It comes with a great little recipe book and you can have a lot of good fun and food with it!

Valued Contributor

@Sooner  Heading to check the Jiffy website now. I forget how searching for individual brand names sell direct nowadays. Thanks!