Respected Contributor

Soup...So Good On A Cold Day

I made a pot of soup today. I initially wanted to use cabbage in the soup, but didn't have any and it's way too cold to venture outside. So, I used greens (turnips, collards and mustards) leftover from New Year's Day dinner. I chopped up carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic and added frozen corn in chicken broth. I'll have a bowl of soup and cornbread for dinner today.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Soup...So Good On A Cold Day

I made a big pot of veggie soup. You name it I threw it in there. 😂😂😂 This weather in PA. is terrible. My DH is doing a roofing job in it. Yuck. 

Esteemed Contributor

Made my first pot of Beef Barley soup.  Really good!  

Honored Contributor

I made vegetable beef yesterday and chicken noodles today. We are going to venture out tomorrow. I need to catch a sale or two.

Honored Contributor

I made a large batch of beef stew on Sat. Looks like we will finish it for dinner tonight. It sure was nice eating something hot while it's been so cold. 

Honored Contributor

I made ham and bean with smoked sausage soup today.  I had a Smithfield ham on the bone that was too salty and we could not eat it, so I turned it into soup.  

I also made potato and ham soup.  Now my ham is all used up. I hate to throw food away, but there is no way I can eat too salty ham.

Honored Contributor

All this talk ... you made me order 4 new cookbooks, for shame!! LOL