Valued Contributor

I'm so excited. I just had to tell somebody. Yesterday I made Sartu di Riso. It took me all day to make but it came out perfectly and was so delicious. I don't know how I got so brave to make a first-time and complicated dish for our get-together.

I reminded myself 4 times to take a picture but my guests arrived and I forgot Smiley Sad I've included an internet picture, mine looked almost like it. I'm patting myself on the back with this one.

Image result for Sartu di riso

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Regular Contributor

Bravo Sandpiper. Took a look at the recipes for it and you taking it on is an accomplishment to be proud of/ Hope your family/guests enjoyed- and appreciated it. Rose

Honored Contributor

Re: So Proud of Myself

[ Edited ]

@SandPiper I never heard of it; what's in it and what's the outter part made of?

Never mind... I just googled the recipe.  It's no wonder it took all day.  Just reading it made me hungry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Never heard of it, never seen it but DANG that looks good - and challenging.

Good for you for tackling it! I'm sure your friends were impressed and you may have inspired us to give it a try.

Valued Contributor

Everyone loved it, not a crumb left. I was secretly hoping for leftovers. My girlfriend remembers her grandmother making it in Italy and she asked me where I bought it Smiley Happy

It was well worth my time and effort. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Well done.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper, that looks fabulous and delicious.  Kudos for making it.  I will have to give it a try for my cooking club.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SandPiper   Yay for you!  I hope this gives you the confidence and enthusiasm to continue exploring great recipes (and they don't all take the whole day to prepare).  There's a rich culinary world out there. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper

Kudos to you!  I would never be brave enough to try something as difficult (meaning what if that rice stuck to the pan!) when entertaining guests.  I am so happy that it turned out just as you wanted.  It really is a showy entrée.

Esteemed Contributor

Very impressive! Good for you!