Super Contributor

Smoothie recipe by merited Laurence

On Christmas Day Meredith Lawrence had a recipe for a smoothie which contained pineapple, pear kale ginger root  and a few other items did anybody write that recipe down and do you have the amounts for each thing I made it and I'm not sure I made it right because I'm not sure on the amount. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Smoothie recipe by merited Laurence

Easy Green Smoothie
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 cups liquid (coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk, water)
2 cups dark greens (kale, spinach, chard, collard greens)
3 cups fruit (pineapple, pear, apple, berries, banana, avocado, mango, orange)
a little extra flavor (fresh ginger, almond butter, mint leaves, cilantro, honey)
1 to 2 tablespoons Superfoods (acai powder, flax meal, chia seeds. Matcha powder)

For example:
2 cups coconut water
2 cups kale
1 pear
1 cup pineapple
small piece of ginger
1 tablespoon flax meal or chia seeds

Directions:
1. Put the ingredients into a blender in the following order: liquid, greens, fruit. Pack the greens down toward the blade for easier blending.
2. Add any Superfoods or additional flavors you are using.
3. Blend.
4. Enjoy

All her videos are on YouTube and I believe she has her own site too called bluejeanchef

Regular Contributor

2. 2. 3

2 cups greens (she used kale but any greens can be used)

2 cups coconut water 

3 cups of fruit. 

A small slice of ginger

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smoothies are rarely exact recipes.   More like whatever you have on hand. 

I bet she'd be tickled to know she is now known as "merited"  Lawrence.   At least she'd know she's valued. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On another post, someone said Meredith keeps all her recipes on her bluejeanchef Facebook page.

Frequent Contributor

I make a smoothie almost every day and never ever use a recipe.  A little bit of this and a little bit of that and voila! I have a smoothie!  Actually I buy lots of fresh fruit in season and then cut up a lot of it and put in sandwich bags and put in freezer.  So when I make my smoothie I always have individual packets of frozen fruit to add in.  I also get a kale/spinach mix and put some of that in my smoothie.   I might use fruit juice or almond milk.  If I use the juice I add yogurt. I sometimes add flax seeds.  and I always add a fresh banana.  Then I mix it all up in my Ninja. Delicious!  So I guess what I'm saying is to be flexible and just have fun with your mixture - i always do and I have always loved the result!

Honored Contributor

Looks like you got caught by auto correct.  She also has a BJC.com site.  That is what they showed on Christmas Day.  My smoothies just use up leftovers.  Today's was tart canned cherries, cooked broccoli and yogurt.  DH never noticed the broccoli.  Ha.  He hates it.